When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suspicious omega on ebay

breitling&omega

http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-AMERIC...alenotsupported

Item # 250325267375

I reported the above watch following the steps under the pinned topic. Item is still listed after 3 days.

This is one of my favourite watches so I happen to know a few of it's details. This model number pertains to a model with a silver bezel not black. I've asked the seller to confirm any mods and he said nothing. I also asked him if this was a titanium model which he replied no. The picture clearly shows a lack of shine normally seen in stainless steel omegas. Finally, I told him I was interested and asked for more pictures, upclose shots, he never responded.

I personally have watches, gens on ebay and feel it is part of my duty to keep cheaters and fraud off ebay. I get international bidders all the time wanting to pay me using eschrow-most of these people are involved with fraud as they want to pay more than asking and want you to reply asap. Of course, they will lead you step by step with details in their email how to register with eschrow.

Am I doing what I should to warn other ebayers? how else would you approach these situations?

Interesting that this is an Ebay "Power Seller" with a 100% feedback record. I don't know anything about these watches but if your expertise in this area is correct then it just reaffirms my suspicions when I see the same sellers every few weeks with a "gen" watch that I'm interested in and they seem to have a new used one available on a regular basis. Always make me wonder about the legitimacy of the product even though their feed back is stellar. Go figure.

dial looks good but certainly him not being interested in responding and the non matching model number draws suspicion. Only model number 2569.52 has the black bezel. The old model number was I believe 2569.50. Also he has no third card so the watch could be pieced together by someone when he bought it.

BTW, check out this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-5-WATCHES-INVIC...alenotsupported

Watch #5 is the centerpiece