When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Funny Thing Happened on the way to Leave Feedback

freddy333

Google searches on certain Rolex model and part numbers brings up this site quite a lot.

I was at the Omega AD in Sydney with a friend taking his PO in for service. This just changed before you went to swatch and you could buy parts. My friend was asking about an orange bezel and they said they couldn't sell it to him as his watch didn't come out with that dial bezel combo and I was thinking Omega are trying to be Rolex.

It might be a tumultuous time ahead in the luxury watch market it looks like eta really is stopping selling its generic movements to other companies. Or something else is fuelling the return to in-house movements.

Edited by Red Series 3

I think it just ebbs and flows. I would find it difficult to believe that luxury goods makers will spend more money on lawyers when profitability is falling. I am hearing that we may well see actual price reductions on some manufacturers' list prices. I do believe that investigation is often instigated upon complaints received by the company so keep your friends close and your enemies closer. ;) .

It isn't a matter of spending MORE money. The lawyers employed by these companies get paid whether used or not. Might as well have them earn their perverbial keep, right?

If I understand it correctly, Rolex and such ilk have issued threats to EBay and their sister company PayPal. Some how, some way, they have some sort of monetary liability under current American copyright laws if they allow certain grey marketeers sell their wares. At least that is the word around some grapevines. It is of course, more complicated than that but that is what it boils down to I believe.