When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replying to Rolex 1655 Orange Hand

Thor

Here is a comparasion of two genuines with Precious Time's

rep version. Not flawless, but hard to tell...

225-8242.jpg

225-8243.jpg

certainly on the wrist it would be harder to tell, but the dial print, bezel font, crown, cgs, and short hands could all take improvement. i'd want to compare a profile shot as well since i believe it was euno that mentioned on trc that the case for the 1655 has a particular size and shape that distinguishes it from the usually seen 1675 or 5513.

edit for link to trc discussion

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=19576&hl=

Yup, there u go... Nice side shot comparison. As u can see, from the side shot that the CGs on the 1655 come to a an even point whereas the 1675 CGs are sloped. Again, this is apparent from the side profile view.

And yes, they have different case backs.

Folks, the 1675 is a very slim watch, waaay slimmer than a 5513/1680 and 1655.

As I mentioned on TRC, I do hope that MBW did indeed (or will) get a hold of an OEM 1655 case + caseback to CNC.

Hey, rep makers make big $$$, so I am sure that somebody's got a 1655 that they are willing to disassemble briefly. If I had one, I'd let "them" do it. I mean, why not? Spread the love, right? And, too boot, we'd be sticking it to the overinflated vintage Rollie market (which I am happy and not happy at the same time to be a WIS OEM vintage Rollie collector member).

In the meantime, why not offer a 1655 kit for 1675s? Kit would include dial, hands, bezel. I know that parts are out there, but a complete kit that is decently priced would be great. Hey, the same goes for 6263 kits. ENOUGH of the CRAZY INSANE pricing on the 6263 kits!!! :wacko:

so in essence euno, you'd be sticking it to the man...but you are the man so wouldn't you be sticking it to yourself?

:blink: :lolcina: :lolcina:

:drunksing:

Great reference material.

There are a lot of differing variations of the 1655. There is a plethora of studies that must be done in order to 'know' this watch.

Cheers

so i guess there is some historical precedence for the swiss made vairiations in the modern LV's

great info/pics as always!

if only nobody could search like you, leitztozeiss

:lolcina: Wow!

:drunksing:

Without a doubt, that is one hell of a search!

and that was what i was quoting to begin with

the guy's up on pop culture, you gotta give him that

Ehtolcad: That was for the benefit of my friend from the Land of Milk & Honey (& Money), not to show that I recognize the line from a Sprint/Nextel commercial that is aired every evening in the United States during prime time. You think the Land of Milk & Honey (& Money) is one of the fifty states or something? What's 'pop' in the U.S. is not usually 'pop' everywhere else, and rarely is it "culture."

Eunomians: Did you see Luckyyy's preview of the MBW 1655 at TRC? It's looking good . . .

225-8244.jpg

225-8245.jpg

my man i was giving you a nod, not knocking you. guess the meaning didn't come through the magic of the interweb. and yes i'd say that big commercials that are relatively famous here in the states would be considered part of the 'pop culture'.

and yes those pics from the house of mbw are drool-worthy.

Certainly a misundertanding.

On another note...

Why yes, I did see the new post on TRC. In fact, there is quite a good discussion that has errupted in that thread - it has been hijacked!

I am hoping that Ubi and Nanuq can further comment upon what I started to answer.

We can, perhaps add/post info in this here thread as well.

TRC Link

Cheers genltemen! :coolio: :drunksing:

Ah, I was being a bit defensive. All work and no play makes me a dull and cranky person. I think we can all agree that MBW is offering up a very nice 1655. I hope to be one of the Luckyyy few to buy one.

happens to the best of us - and to those watching at home we've gotten everything sorted out via PM.

and guys lets not forget that this lil baby is apparently the prototype, which could mean that with some help from the membership, we could get some of those minor annoying flaws that plague almost every rep sorted out from the get-go! very promising to say the least

Just to lighten things up, another pop culture hit from Nextel - this is my wife's favorite:

Ooh baby baby . . .

that is by far MY FAVORITE commercial out right now

she's got great taste for humor for sure

You know fellas, I think sometimes we get a little too anal with this replica thing. Hands down, even with the flaws, that's a pretty good looking watch for the money.

I mean after all, they are replicas right. That watch would fool 99.6% of the people out there wouldn't it?

it's that .4% that'll get you every time though...

LOL :Jumpy:

You're so right!

I wonder what the pricing on this one will be.

Yep, 99.9% of AD's too........there are NUMEROUS versions of 1655's in circulation......authentic one's that is.......and they ALL have lil' differences depending on the vintage........just like 1675's.......that is a helluva' "prototype" IMOP........some tweaking and it might be the best unmodified rep I've seen.......

There is no question that we should all strive for perfection in the rep game. Any tiny imperfection would drive me crazy - and it would drive you crazy.

That IS one of the funniest commericals ever IMHO. I crack up everytime I've seen it :lolcina: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes, yes!!

On another note... Our main man has added some nice Japanese mook (magazine-book) references.

Updated TRC Action Link

Cheers!

any price range on this 1655 that appears quite good to me compared to what I used to see offered!! :Jumpy:

Anyone knows what endlink is needed for the current rep 1655 if you want

to switch to an vintage riveted band?

I also believe I read on "la cote des montres" that the 1655 was produced again at the end of the 80's to a few years into the 90's after a long hiatus.

that adds to the bezel and hands variations theory...

Fascinating. There is never any consistency in Rolex.

Yes I was too amazed and sceptic to learn that...

Anyway, we are approching our goal, the Mc queen, is what made me love rolex perhaps, well in fact more Mr McQueen than the rolex that bears his name...

I think I will soon be broke...

I AM SO READY FOR THIS WATCH!!!!!! (and i never speak in caps!)

This will be my first rep RLX- i owned a rep no date sub for a minute but i was unsatisfied w/it...traded it for a pannie strap and some olivia tremor control/neutral milk hotel records.

I'm ready for her, too. I've been waiting forever... In fact, I guess I'm still waiting.

Here's the one I want!!!!

225-8246.jpg

I'm afraid you guys have to wait for a long time. Perhaps the demand for these vintage models is high here on RWG (among the hardcores) but not that much elsewhere?

For general rep buying public ExpII is probably not that desirable model. People aren't that familiar with it. Something like Pepsi GMT is a well known and recognizable model but still no decent vintage rep exists.

I love that watch though (the one that Eunomians posted). Very, very classy and definitely something else in the Rolex catalogy. And again, it's MUCH nicer than the current ExpII (which isn't too shabby either).

Well, I've got these. A good redial, the correct hands and the right crystal.

I'm going to start looking for a 1675 case and movement. I figure the bezel will probably be the toughest part to get. Anyone got any leads? PM me.

The bezels are difficult to come by. Every now and then, one will pop up on eBay. I have witnessed outright wars/battles when it would come to overbidding. Crazy.

Anyhow, PM sent.