When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modding Watch Hands

triplehd

I purchased an Omega GMT (older verison) from Paul last year and had Joe do some mods to the watch (installing some gen parts - Dial, hands). The only issue that I had was that the gen GMT and second hand would not fit on this movement. However, I was able to get a rep second hand - correct in length from Sean. He also gave me a rep GMT hand, but it's for the newer GMT versions.

So, my dilemma is the following

- correct length of GMT hand, but smaller hole that would not fit on the movement.

- incorrect length of GMT hand, but correct hole size to fit the movement.

Possible solution - take the rep GMT hand and cut the hand that connects to ring (hole). Do the same with the gen GMT hand. Glue the two parts together and voila - correct lenght GMT hand with correct hole size to fit the movement.

IS THIS CRAZY OR WILL IT WORK? :Jumpy:

Watchmakers have tools that can enlarge or reduce the size of the tube at the back of each hand. You're better to find someone who has those and do it properly. I can only see one result from glueing hand parts together.. a mess.

Watchmakers have tools that can enlarge or reduce the size of the tube at the back of each hand. You're better to find someone who has those and do it properly. I can only see one result from glueing hand parts together.. a mess.

My plan was slicy the handswhere it attaches to the ring and then apply a small amount of crazy glue. Sh*t, I'll try to find a watchmaker who can do something like this for me. Thanks for the heads up.

If anyone knows a good watchmaker in the Windy City, please let me know. I would go to Joe, but he's under the weather.