When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Pam 120

shimside11

I got the new PAM 120 this morning.

I ordered it last thursday afternoon. After I was done, I realized that I had inadvertently paid twice. I sent Josh an e-mail and within 2 hours I had a refund on the duplicate transaction. TWO HOURS!! Along with the notice that he had sent back the duplicate payment, I also got a confirmation of the item and a tracking number. It was shipped out that day and I got it this morning (Wednesday - less than a week from my order). I have never had such a quick response, and such great service even from big domestic companies that specialize in mail order.

Anyway, The watch exceeds all expectations. It is very solid and well put together. Having tried on a gen 3 weeks ago at Tourneau, I had a good idea of what it looked and felt like. The colour is right on. The bracelet is very heavy and there is no play in it. This really is not a <200usd watch.

This is my first Panerai rep, and I must admit that the larger ones freaked me out a bit. The 40mm is a great size for someone with small wrists. It still has the girth and the substance of a 44mm but just not as big. But now I want a bigger one....I think that I've really caught the fever. I know that you're out there laughing "there goes another one".

I'll post pics when I can get hold of a camera.

Edited by shimside11

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser.

It seems that the PAM 120 isn't a 120 after all. Upon doing some research it appears that I have a rep of a PAM 69 or 70. I think the 69 is the bracelet model. They look almost identical except for the LswissL on the 69 and Swiss Made on the 120. Maybe the dial textures are different but I can't tell. The caseback has the markings of a 69. "op6529" is common to my rep and pics of the gen. Also the production indicates 5000. The 120 reads "op6625" and the production is 400 which I believe is correct for the 120.

Here's a really bad pic from my phone.

91383-28215.jpg

There is no current price list for the 69 or 70. The latest price was back in 03 or 04. Is the 120 a newer version of the 69? :g:

Does anyone know anything about these? Responses to any threads concerning this model are very rare and not much comes up in the search.

Submariners are much easier to deal with and much more documented :lol:

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser.

It seems that the PAM 120 isn't a 120 after all. Upon doing some research it appears that I have a rep of a PAM 69 or 70. I think the 69 is the bracelet model. They look almost identical except for the LswissL on the 69 and Swiss Made on the 120. Maybe the dial textures are different but I can't tell. The caseback has the markings of a 69. "op6529" is common to my rep and pics of the gen. Also the production indicates 5000. The 120 reads "op6625" and the production is 400 which I believe is correct for the 120.

Here's a really bad pic from my phone.

91399-28213.jpg

There is no current price list for the 69 or 70. The latest price was back in 03 or 04. Is the 120 a newer version of the 69? :g:

Does anyone know anything about these? Responses to any threads concerning this model are very rare and not much comes up in the search.

Submariners are much easier to deal with and much more documented :lol:

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/auto40.html

Pam 69 and 70 is brushed case and bzel..Panerai Upgraded this model to 119 and 120 with polished bezels.

Hope it helps..

Joshua

@Joshua

Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to loose sleep :lol:

What a fantastic watch. Thanks for the service and the quick delivery (even more so, as I understand that things are getting tight with the authorities lately). You'll be hearing more from me, that VC Overseas is calling me and I really don't think I can resist.