When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua and watches stuck in Guangzhou

inrila

Hi there,

Have a problem - bought watch from Joshua almost three weeks ago, but as to tracking number which he gave me last record is on shipment date in GUANGZHOU, and nothing at all since then. Joshua said he'll check but keep waiting for me, and no any updates/reasons yet.

Somebody had such experience before? Why's that?

Chinese Customs do frequent EMS stations which require some dealers to have someone in the back door who can handle things and give a heads up when postal inspectors are to arrive. This is how 2 dealers who I will leave nameless lost $8K to $10K early this year while their packages were simply gathered up as they came into the EMS offices there in GZ..

People forget that there are customs worries in China as well... it pays to know people on the inside when trafficking these kinds of goods.

Another issue lately is the return of broken watches. Theft of these returned watches is on the rise as these postal workers easily figure out that watches are being returned.. yeah.. they are broken.. but obviously easily fixed there in GZ... I know one dealer who will not accept returns in GZ anymore.. they are mailed to a different city for him just to avoid theft.. It's getting crazy folks.. (but dont hit the panic button... most of these occurrences are far and few between.. these dealers know how to do it obviously and are 99% successful at making it happen for you)

Here is another possibility... Josh just gave you a tracking number.. no package has left because it is not getting mailed.. likely the item is out of stock.. who knows.. not accusing him of it.. just trying to help with possibilities..

Wish you the best.. I know it sucks waiting.. been there myself as most others have too.. :(

Another issue lately is the return of broken watches. Theft of these returned watches is on the rise as these postal workers easily figure out that watches are being returned.. yeah.. they are broken.. but obviously easily fixed there in GZ... I know one dealer who will not accept returns in GZ anymore.. they are mailed to a different city for him just to avoid theft.. It's getting crazy folks.. (but dont hit the panic button... most of these occurrences are far and few between.. these dealers know how to do it obviously and are 99% successful at making it happen for you)

c'mon man just sent my bentley back to josh today, didnt want to hear that :mellow: what dealers are willing to replace watches that go missing on the way back to china. outgoing yeah... but incoming?

I completely jinxed myself... I kid you not... walked in the house today to find that a watch I returned to a dealer on 10/11/2008 was caught by Chinese customs and returned to me.. I'm shocked (have pictures to prove it if anyone wants to bet me) I have not opened it yet but I hope the watches are ok.

Just received my latest purchase today with no problems from my favorite dealer.

It was not shipped by EMS. I do not do that anymore. It's regular mail, registered.

Takes a little over a week to this part of the US.

It was posted from Beijing.

A nice black dial Datejust.

Carl