When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Euromariner with upgraded crystal and gasket

Guest Dr.TuB

unfortunately yes.

i messed up the movement trying to adjust the dial for perfect alignment.

the keyless work or whatever was pushed down too hard and the crown stem wouldnt go back in and click.

knowing that i have great manual dexterity would be able to take everything apart and fix the keyless work myself.

but somewhere along the line, soemthing popped out (i think its the spring loaded winder) and flew across the room.....

well at least i now know i can only drill teeth but not fix movements........

How did you take tension out of the clasp and what type oil?

Tension is adjusted in the clasp by increasing or decreasing the arch of the inner folding sections of the clasp. More arch lessens tension while less arch increases it. If your clasp is difficult to release or fasten the tension is too tight. Slowly increase the depth of the arches a bit until the desired tension is reached.

ive fixed stiff links by sanding the parts that rub with 1200grit paper for a short amount of time.. no visible sanding and gets the job done. the insert that comes with the euromariner is junk...at least you got a rather decent pearl, but change out the insert and you'll notice a world of difference. you will run into problems tho with it snapping into the bezel ring, crystal looks a touch too tall, but still very nice. im undecided if i'm going to keep the engraving on mine or not, having the engraving kind of marks your watch as a specific year. i am currently awaiting confirmation for some parts from chris and a speedmaster moon watch. His site is also not updated as of yet but i thought he was to be back online by the 5th of december, I hope he gets back on track soon, there's only SO long i can wait.

Guess what showed up in my mailbox today at the front desk after coming home from the clinic!?

the new Euromariner V2 (i dont know why, i love the rehaut engraving) from Chris

I personally think the rehaut engravings are AWESOME

here are some pics

any inputs and suggestions on what needs to be improved are welcomed

IMG_0121.jpg

[

wow, is this the tube it came with?

My V3's looks way different.

Mine euromariner's has a brass color to it and the rubber washer sits almost on the case!

Like my uncentered date wheel?

:(

dsc0226ps7.jpg

the insert that comes with the euromariner is junk...at least you got a rather decent pearl, but change out the insert and you'll notice a world of difference.

what don't you like about the bezel?

My v3 is an a series, so the flat four with the trapezoid is perfect.

And, the pearl insert is just like my Wm pearl. I have no need for it!

What bezel do you recommend?

Edited by cht