When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone making/selling a GOOD 232 rep?

JBoy

A "Cartel" 232 with dial/hands swap with DSN parts is the best option out there for a 232. Several people here have done this. I think taiji is one?

Can you elaborate? Are you saying that I should get dial, hands and movement from DSN and the case from someone else and put it together myself? Or are you saying that someone has already done this and I can now purchase the complete watch from them? And if so - I don't know who or what 'taiji' is.

Thanks...

A "Cartel" 232 with dial/hands swap with DSN parts is the best option out there for a 232. Several people here have done this. I think taiji is one?

Thanks PS ;)

Some pics

2763028182_68ddc6a52a.jpg

2763025260_0ae3651bc4.jpg

2762181893_4b76847d9f.jpg2763027234_194b120226.jpg

DSN's case has rounder edges (radiomir case should be more squarish) and its caseback engraving are using incorrect font and font size. However, DSN's dial colour and hands are better and more accurate.

Pics shown above are using cartel's 232 case, caseback, DSN's dial and DSN's hands. Result is amazing ^_^

Thanks PS ;)

Some pics

2762181893_4b76847d9f.jpg2763027234_194b120226.jpg

DSN's case has rounder edges (radiomir case should be more squarish) and its caseback engraving are using incorrect font and font size. However, DSN's dial colour and hands are better and more accurate.

Pics shown above are using cartel's 232 case, caseback, DSN's dial and DSN's hands. Result is amazing ^_^

The GEN caseback has a serial number which yours is missing. Does anyone do a correct caseback with serial number?

The GEN caseback has a serial number which yours is missing. Does anyone do a correct caseback with serial number?

Good one Jboy.

GEN 232 only produced in "I" series (1938pcs ). Panerai always make a prototype before official release for advertisement purpose. Usually these batch of PAMs will not have production number and they call them "shadow PAM". Pics below show an "I" series with shadow 232.

3065143699_497a6dcf58_o.jpg

Edited by jitai

Good one Jboy.

GEN 232 only produced in "I" series (1938pcs ). Panerai always make a prototype before official release for advertisement purpose. Usually these batch of PAMs will not have production number and they call them "shadow PAM". Pics below show an "I" series with shadow 232.

3065143699_497a6dcf58_o.jpg

I know all about Shadow watches - which are actually often NOT prototypes, but rather display watches or watches given to Panerai staff that are outside official production runs. Also - AFAIK - prototypes wouldn't have the BB number on them (not 100% on this one).

Nevertheless - doesn't answer my question regarding whether or not anyone makes a caseback for this model that HAS a serial number on it.