When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR coating services in UK?

robsa

In my opinion adding in 'EU Middle Man' is just adding an unecessary headache into the mix. Bear in mind it is not illegal to send watch crystals accross the border if they are labelled as such.

The senders conscience of sending a 'rep crystal' doesn't change the fact that a watch crystal from a normal watch is 'legally clean'....how would customs know any different.

I would like to hear your opinion on this Chief.....but if all the EU members had their crystals out and ready to send, would that really make any difference to the other scenario whereby they are sent in one bag from one sender? I know administration your end would be more simple, but I fear that instead of the run being held up because you are waiting for one crystal from a member....the run might be held up because the EU middle man would not be able to send the whole batch to you until they were all received this end?

In the former scenario you can use your discretion to put the one missing crystal into a later run, whereas in the latter, you have to wait because a large proportion of crystals are still not with you?

Rocketeer/Chief, sounds like a plan! I also had an idea of an EU run for Chief, but if you would front it, it's much better, being a pro and all... :thumbsupsmileyanim: I was a little worried of doing the legwork, as I'm away very much during the race season, april-october, didn't want to do something that can't completed in a timely fashion (K2222, TTK etc...).

I'm in for 4-5 demounted crystals, just say when!

Rocketeer/Chief, sounds like a plan! I also had an idea of an EU run for Chief, but if you would front it, it's much better, being a pro and all... :thumbsupsmileyanim: I was a little worried of doing the legwork, as I'm away very much during the race season, april-october, didn't want to do something that can't completed in a timely fashion (K2222, TTK etc...).

I'm in for 4-5 demounted crystals, just say when!

Rocket >> I was actually thinking about you as the EU contact/professional in the post :)

I'm definately interested, especially if it could be combined with some additional services (movement service, lume etc!) - Just say the word :)

Wish I could help with something, but I just like to wear the watches :)

/korn

Rocket >> I was actually thinking about you as the EU contact/professional in the post :)

I'm definately interested, especially if it could be combined with some additional services (movement service, lume etc!) - Just say the word :)

Wish I could help with something, but I just like to wear the watches :)

/korn

I've been in touch with Chieftang again and we are going to bounce some emails back and forth and sort out the best procedure for shipping, minimising additional fees on money transfer and run update info once in the US.

Initially I'll need twenty confirmed crystals, so email me and I'll start the list and give all on it a weekly update on the numbers.

If you want me to remove/refit the crystal for you It's an additional $15 for a bare case, or $30 from a complete watch. AR removal (from Sapphire only) is $10

Any other information about the service is in Chieftangs FAQ section.