When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hybrid SMP Project

TeeJay

Okay, the plan for this project, is to use the case of an Electric Blue Seamaster, to create a 'more formal-looking' watch along the lines of the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver. To that end, I have begun polishing the bracelet mid-links, and plan to transplant in a silver-colored dial. Possibly from an Aqua Terra, possibly from a Deville. I want the dial and hands to create the 'elegance' of the watch, while leaving the case 'functional but attractive'.

Here's what I've got thus far:

Stock Watch:

a0ba5ec6.jpg

With semi-polished mid-links:

DSCN0421.jpg

At present, the mid-links are polished, but not as much as I would like. I really want them to pop in comparison to the side-links, so that's going to mean much more polishing ;)

I'll post updates as the project progresses :)

[Edit to add]

This is the kind of dial I was thinking of using:

3.jpg

I'd probably have to do some (okay, a lot of) work to get the dial to fit in the case, but I think it'd be worth it B)

I think that would look outstanding Teejay, can't wait to see the finished article :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks, amigo, I've got high hopes for the project, at least, it should look good when it's complete, as all the parts are from the same watch company. The only problem is I think the rehaut will cut across the dial to where the raised markers are (which should look really sharp) but, if it doesn't fit straight off, I'll be filing a lot of material from the dial edge :lol: