When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help a noob

XWORD

Trying to set the time on my new aveng/sky. thought I was just setting time but it seems that date now stuck between two numbers. Pulled out crown to first click but hands don't move. Time on watch was 7:20 don't know if am or pm as can't get hands to move. Being very careful and not wanting to screw it up any worse, but maybe it's too late. Also assuming that this watch is a screw down crown? Any help appreciated. Already have been reading the tutorials, but that's what got me in this mess inb the first place.

Thanks for any reply.

If you can, push the crown back into the manual winding position (1st click stop) & see if you can wind it. If so, pull the stem out to the time-setting position & (slowly) run the hands through a complete 24-hour cycle. Sometimes, that will reset the works.

Thank-you for the reply Freddy. I got the date back somehow and it has now changed over to the next day at midnite, so I'm hoping everything is ok. I'll wait untill 8:00 am to try and set the time and to set the date.

Best Regards.

xword