When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jimmy Case

vlydog

I purchased a Jimmy case this summer. It did not come with lug screws. It has taken me this long to do anything with this prized piece but its' day has come.

I was just trying to screw in standard after-market lug screws and met with some resistance.

Does a Jimmy case require Jimmy lugs screws or genuine screws?

I certainly don't want to use force and strip them out.

Thanks

Jimmy's cases use the standard gen or rep screws. If you are used to standard reps then the screws are much tighter to fit but I haven't ever stripped one. However, even a genuine Panerai case will strip if you are unlucky. I use springbars in most of mine and I know that this is a popular option for many people and it avoids any concern about the lug threads.

Jimmy's cases use the standard gen or rep screws. If you are used to standard reps then the screws are much tighter to fit but I haven't ever stripped one. However, even a genuine Panerai case will strip if you are unlucky. I use springbars in most of mine and I know that this is a popular option for many people and it avoids any concern about the lug threads.

are you saying that a rep screw in a Jimmy case will fit tighter?