When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

8 week old SOHC and movement has stopped!

Limited Edition

Hello All,

I have more misery to add to my Breitling Superocean Heritage Chrono that I bought less than 8 weeks ago. Since I've had it, it had less than 2 weeks of wrist time and ever since, I've had problems one after another. First it was a hour hand slip that led to the date change at 7:00. I managed to fix the problem myself by disassembling the entire watch and manually move the hour hand back into place.

Refer to post for 1st problem: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=87249

A day later, the botton to my deployant clasp popped out and cannot be fitted back into to place.

Now, the movement has stopped entirely and I don't know what to do about it anymore. I've turned the crown to wind the watch, but there is no sign of life. However, when I cuase the rotor to turn, 1-2 seconds on the sub dial will move, but no more.

It is just not maintaining a beat anymore.

What has gone wrong with the movement? How can I fix it?

Thanks. -_-

Edited by Limited Edition

Hello All,

I have more misery to add to my Breitling Superocean Heritage Chrono that I bought less than 8 weeks ago. Since I've had it, it had less than 2 weeks of wrist time and ever since, I've had problems one after another. First it was a hour hand slip that led to the date change at 7:00. I managed to fix the problem myself by disassembling the entire watch and manually move the hour hand back into place.

Refer to post for 1st problem: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=87249

A day later, the botton to my deployant clasp popped out and cannot be fitted back into to place.

Now, the movement has stopped entirely and I don't know what to do about it anymore. I've turned the crown to wind the watch, but there is no sign of life. However, when I cuase the rotor to turn, 1-2 seconds on the sub dial will move, but no more.

It is just not maintaining a beat anymore.

You can try contacting your collector...and sending it back. It will take 2 months, a bit of a hassle...but that should sort things out. It should cost about $15-20 to mail back...no more!! We've all been there...and had to do that.