When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sausage on Ti case

yachtmaster

Hey guys, is there a panerai with a black sausage dial(111F,001) w/ seconds hand but on a Titanium case with a closed caseback? I know theres a pam 61 with a tobacco, but what about one with a black dial?

The black susage dial with Ti case and closed back exists, it

Yeah, the PAM040 is the only one and it had a 'T' dial, which I presume is what you mean by the 'sausage' term - i.e. raised sausage-like markers rather than the flat Luminova markers. Otherwise the black dial didn't appear in a titanium case until the G series 177, which had a display back, the last of the 'PANERAI' engraved movements and the last of the non-sandwich dials. Therefore, non-sandwich black dialled titanium models are limited to the 040B and the G177 with 200 units and 500 units respectively - not common at all.

Oh wow you guys know everything... but i see i see. Thanks guys.

I was wondering sausage dial is not the same as painted dial?

What I meant was painted dial and not sandwhich with a closed caseback.

The only 44mm handwind Panerai dial which could reasonable be termed as having a 'sausage' appearance is the T SWISS T dial in the A or early B series. These had raised markers and the straight batons at 1, 2, 4, 5 etc were vaguely sausage like in appearance. The only one that fits your criteria is the PAM040. The regular

Couple of quick pictures of my home made 040

0402Medium.jpg

0401Medium.jpg

I used the DSN closed caseback & for the sharp eyed, yes it has a black seconds hand as there was supposed to be 6 or 7 made for the japanese market.

I actually prefer it with the black hands as it seems more in balance with the main hands.

Gen pic for comparison (guess where I found out about the black hands)

040.jpg