When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a reliable seller for a Milgauss 1019

mcdj

Hi all,

New here. I'm looking for a plastic crystal model 1016, black. The rivet band is not crucial. I have seen joshwatch's version, and it's sapphire. :(

I found a beautiful looking one below, but I can't find much in the way of references on the seller, other than some indications that most of the photos are from joshwatch, though this particular watch seems to have original photos different than josh's.

http://www.bigbigwatch.com/Rolex-Top-Grade...ss-ETA-762.html

I'd also love to find a nice 1016 Explorer I, also acrylic. A one stop shop would be ideal.

Any help much appreciated.

mcdj

p.s. is there any such thing as a transitional 16800 rep? that has always been my favorite Sub.

Edited by mcdj

Hi, and welcome aboard. The only advice I could give is stay away from sites like the one you linked. Most if not all are simply rip-offs.

Other than that, stick around a while and do a lot of research both on and off this site. I think someone here has a good 1016, but to get to that level lots of research and $ goes into it to get a watch that is worth wearing. Anything else would only embarrass you when someone calls you out.. :(

Here's a pic of my gen 16800:

IMG_0423.jpg

post-175-1228435511_thumb.jpg

I can't help you much on the 1019, or the 1016. As for the 16800 rep, you'd have to build it yourself. On the right is my rep 16800 with a gen matte dial, on the left is my gen also w/ a matte dial. I bought the gen because I thought I'd never find a case to build the rep with. I'd had all the parts except the case for 18 months and had just about given up hope. After I bought the gen, I ran across the right case for the rep and was able to build it. You can build it, but no one makes a rep like this that you can buy.

Some people here are building incredible watches- some at 1/10th of the cost of a gen, but you have to stick around and keep reading and learning. I built my rep 16800 for around $600, but the information I gleaned from this site and a few others to build it is "PRICELESS".

thx peeps. I stumbled upon Andrew's site after poking around here and found the 1019 for less than the site above. both sites use the same pics so who knows who the photography belongs to. oh well.

I'm going to hold off on the 1016 for now, until I get the 1019.

I live in NYC, so I've become accustomed to paying ~$60 for decent looking reps...here's to hoping the Milgauss exceeds my expectations. I've seen red Subs and Comexes on Canal St. that were $60 and look identical to what many of these sites are asking $200+ for.

Andrew and Josh are OK as far as dealers go- fairly reliable, decent watches, fair pricing. They're still reps, so not w/o a few flaws.

Canal St reps are worth $60- the case and dial may be OK, but the movement is probably low end Chinese. The dealers here sell the slightly better watches w/CN movts for $100-125. These have a better chance lasting more than a few months, possibly a few years or more. You get what you pay for.