When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cheap 1st PAM in transit- x strap revommendations?

arty909

Just ordered this one- my 24th rep but my 1st PAM (for myself- wifey has a Daylight)-

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=471

I'm being a bit vague on purpose- I'm a U.S. Federal uniformed employee who wears a black belt and black casual shoes- anyone have any recommendations for an extra strap I could order that I can pull off wearing?

Cheers! Arty

interesting first choice for a pam -- any reason you went for a fantasy model (just curious)? :g:

i was going to suggest a europelli black shell cordovan strap with copper stitching (see picture below), but just checked and they are sold out of that particular strap :wounded1:

dsc017892359485um5.jpg

a greg stevens horween black strap (with black stitching) would be pretty casual and fit the heft of the watch nicely....

deltatahoe

Thanks for the responses guys. I was just looking for an entry level PAM, and have been intrigued by this model's size for quite some time. I have not studied thoroughly about which ones are fantasy models- has to do with the printing on the dial, for one, I presume. That doesn't really matter to me at this stage; I am just floored by it's size- looks like it could eat my 37-41mm rep collection specimens (all at once?) for lunch! Borrowed gen shots of size comparison that persuaded me to pull the trigger:

panerai3.jpg

panerai4.jpg

panerai5.jpg

I'll probably go on a strap buying spree for this watch after I find out if I can pull off the size, if not you'll see it in the for sale section in January! :)

Cheers, Arty

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Andrew's fantasy model has been discontinued for now, so I opted for this one- just arrived today...

DSC00290.JPG

DSC00301.JPG

I am thrilled by it's ridiculously awesome size, and simplicity. I am still learning about this Gen model's history- Rolex pocket watch movement, Italian Navy standard issue, 1950 units manufactured, 1st limited production model from Panerai etc. Now I'll scout out a black strap for it, with proper markings...

Happy New Year! Arty