When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's a Girl

jjfesq

Fantastic news Jeff.

A girl is very special to the dad!

Mine is now 13, lying, playing WII or messenging with friends instead of doing home works, sending premium sms that cost me a fortune...but is so lovely :wub: .

We have a saying in french: "young kids, small problems - older kids, big problems" :blink:

So enjoy those marvellous first years and remember to be very patient in 15 years from now :D

Congrats!

All the best.

Stephane

Congratulations!! Treasure every moment and lodge them in your memory - all too soon, children grow up and, whilst the love grows stronger with every passing season, the times when she will climb into your bed for hugs and cuddles will suddenly (changes are not transitional - they are sudden!) pass. By your personal example (for children learn what they observe - not what they are told) teach her to respect herself, others and to have a passion for everything she does. Show her that we are put on earth to bless others and to make the world that much more loving and beautiful than before we arrived. May 2009 for you and yours be the best year ever. ^_^

Guest carlsbadrolex

I only have about 15 minutes of internet access, so I must chose my posts carefully. THIS is at the top of the list!

Congratulation buddy! I hope that all has gone and continues to go very well for you and your expanding family!

• 4 weeks later...
I only have about 15 minutes of internet access, so I must chose my posts carefully. THIS is at the top of the list!

Congratulation buddy! I hope that all has gone and continues to go very well for you and your expanding family!

thanks T. Hope you are safe and well!

First?? Rookie!

The fun begins with >1. ;)

I can't describe how awesome it is to raise a kid. Unbelieveable...and scary at how much impact you have on their lives, how they behave, how they form their view of the world around them...it's an incredible responsibility but rewarding in so many ways that can't be described in words.

...and you'll think it's a lot of work and stress now...but I really do mean it when I say you have no idea how easy you have it now with 1 if you ever have more than 1.

If you have the opportunity to take parental leave...as a dad... I can't recommend it enough. I took >6 months off each for all of my kids, and the bond you get with your child and the confidence you'll get as a parent I guarantee are something you will never get otherwise...and it means your wife will owe you one BIG, and you can buy more watches. :D

Congratulations! I have quoted Toadtorrent as he said most of what I was thinking. Read it again as these are words of wisdom.

I'm a full time house dad with two(18 months and 3 1/2 years)and he is right. This really brings back memories. I still remember posting about my kids birth on the forum. A really amazing time. It's one of those heaven and hell type things. Sometimes I think it's doing my head in.

But in the end you love having them (mostly :) ).

Congratulations again. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...