When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

shipping with insurance in EU

Guest Dr.TuB

does anyone know if shipping with insurance within the EU for our watches would cause troubles at the customs?

i know registered airmail wouldnt possess any problems. but what about if we pay more for faster delivery service with insurance

im asking because recently i had a package stolen while it was gettin delivered to the buyer.

my buyer told me that when he inquired about the stolen watch at the postal office, he was told that they left a slip at his door and a lady came and signed/picked it up.

who's fault is this btw. they didnt check ID im sure because if they did, they wouldn't have given the watch to this "lady"

anyone know how i can do now?

As far as I am aware there are no customs implications within the EU community - Therefore you can insure to the full value, but generally this type of service is quite expensive, but I suppose better than losing your watch to a thieving postal worker.

As far as I am aware there are no customs implications within the EU community - Therefore you can insure to the full value, but generally this type of service is quite expensive, but I suppose better than losing your watch to a thieving postal worker.

Sure. But a rep is a rep and a custom officer is a custom officer :(

im thinking insuring it would actually do some help since the postal worker will less likely try and steal it because its insured.... RIGHT?

lol

Or more likely, as they think it'll "not hurt anyone, it's insured" ..

It's a hard game to play.

And do you insure it as a rep - making customs suspisious (Rolex for $200) ..

or as a gen - lying, paying more, and advertising it as a high value for a theif ..

This is not true at all ...

Eu custom can make random check on every package they want even if it's coming within the EU (and I can tell you something that they make it much often than you could all imagine)

don't be so relax with custom they know a lot of thing ...

• 2 weeks later...
This is not true at all ...

Eu custom can make random check on every package they want even if it's coming within the EU (and I can tell you something that they make it much often than you could all imagine)

don't be so relax with custom they know a lot of thing ...

Having an uncle working with customs, I know that mail from with in the EU goes through other channels than from without. No customs involved, just as at the airport. As no duties are to be paid, why would customs have an interest in the millions of packages shipped each day?