When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard MM GT XL Chrono

eleley

I ordered it to Sead1999 (Super mirrors) from Repgeek and I received it in less than 2 weeks after payment (shipped to EU).

The transaction was perfect! Sead was replying to my questions immediately (and I was asking him many many things) and his price was the best around.

I believe that I won't buy from someone else in the future!

Now, a small review of the watch:

I was searching, comparing and waiting for a long time to find the "ultimate" version (thank you Takashi!).

Correct dial, bezel and caseback with the accurate engravings, plus the regulator. Finally, it was released.

The overall quality and finishing is very good, as a rep is quite accurate (I have tried some times the gen) and in my opinion, it is a beautiful watch.

Movement is a bit loud but so is the gen also.

The strap looks and feels good (vanilla smell) but the "CHOPARD" engraving on the buckle is awful.

IMO, the watch would look better with a brown leather strap.

AR is good.

The only flaw is that the painting of the dots ("arrows") sucks. I don't know if it happens in general, but in my watch you can notice it easily.

Also, when you try to screw or unscrew the crown, the crown tube feels like it's going to break.

I would like to know if someone else has the same problems.

Some photos:

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_031.jpg

IMAGE_032-1.jpg

See here, in the red circles, the painting of the dots (or whatever they are called):

IMAGE_02.jpg

To conclude, I can say that I am 80% satisfied by the watch and 101% from the dealer.

I have the same problem on the same watch, so it's a factory problem I think like the lume dot's on the Skyland. I bought a gen leather strap for it, looks great on this watch

How much did you pay for the gen strap?

Do you have any photos?

Thank you.

I have the limited edition grey dial. I have the same problem with my lume dots. I'm just checking to see if the watch works perfectly fine for more than a few weeks. If it does i might send it off to someone for a relume since the dots have dimples in it. And also to get the chrono second hand repainted properly.

How much was the gen leather strap?? I like the rubber a lot but would like a leather strap more i think. Or any suggestions as to where to buy a decent leather strap for it that will work with the deployment?

Hi,

Did you notice anything at yours?

I love the watch more than I expected, but this issue with the dots really bothers me!

If it is a factory problem I will feel better... :D

How much was the gen leather strap?? I like the rubber a lot but would like a leather strap more i think. Or any suggestions as to where to buy a decent leather strap for it that will work with the deployment?

Veyron will tell us about the gen...

The problem is that it's difficult to find aftermarket straps at 23mm.

i'm guessing its a factory issue, wouldn't go as far as to call it a 'problem' though

so how different do the lume markers @ 6, 9 and 12 look on the gen ?

i'd like to know about a gen strap as well for the watch, maybe even a bracelet ?

Of course you cannot ask 100% from a rep.

But when the manufacturer does such a good work with the whole watch, it's a pity to "lose" an easy detail like the markers.

On the gen, they are flat and of course, symmetrical.

With a bracelet, you get a very very shiny result.

IMO, this is the best combination:

post-6832-1228903048_thumb.jpg

Edited by eleley

The OEM strap I bought was 100 euro. I tried to upload pics but doesn't work. But the strap is not much different from the rep leather strap, only side by side you see very small differences. You can buy the OEM strap from every AD that sell's Chopard and the rep strap from Puretime for 35usd

I love my grey limited edition. However i'm concerned that a few problems persist. Can anyone comment on the feel of the chrono reset pusher??? It doesn't feel anything like another a7750 i have, there is no solid feedback of pushing it. Just a spring and then with a harder push i feel like i'm moving something just a little bit. If i push lightly just enough to reset the markers the whole chrono functionality falls apart and need to do some playing with pushers in a certain order to get it working again. I was told by the dealer to send it back but i'm not totally sure it's a problem yet because i can't compare it to another copy. If it's normal i will get some mods done to the watch to get the dial fixed up by better lume and also repainted second hand and a genuine leather strap and possible deployment as well.

@ranisavage

At my watch, the start/stop button has to be pushed hard.

The reset button needs no effort at all.

It's the only 7750 I have tried, so I cannot make a comparison.

The truth is that at my GEN Breitling Navitimer, things are more or less the same.

If you ever do the relume and repainting, please let me know.

I want to get it relumed and painted and buy a gen strap but i'm still not sure it's working properly and i think i need to send it back to josh to get replaced. But i don't want to part with it at the same time so i'm still trying to figure out if it's working properly or not. I have to push the reset pusher all the way in even after it has reset the hands. The mechanism in the watch doesn't return easily. SO i think there is a problem but i'm not totally sure.

@ranisavage

At my watch, the start/stop button has to be pushed hard.

The reset button needs no effort at all.

It's the only 7750 I have tried, so I cannot make a comparison.

The truth is that at my GEN Breitling Navitimer, things are more or less the same.

If you ever do the relume and repainting, please let me know.