When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

N00b to Forum, Not To Reps

SpankyHam

I just joined another watch forum which led me here. I'm loving all the great info. Here is my intro:

Hello.

I thought I'd formally post a hello although I've already posted elsewhere.ave been since 2000 or so when I got my first rep Datejust (including genuine misspelling of the word "Officially") from a shady dude selling out of a cart. Shortly after, I got a Submariner straight out of Beijing. Both are still running and I've even grown to love the misspelling because it's different and wrong and that's what is so right about reps. I like to see a nice Tijuana fake with everything wrong and proudly proclaim to all my friends that no, I don't have a real Rolex, it's a fake and I'd never buy a real one anyway because it's easy to go drop $5k-$10k (or more) to get a real one that is up to spec, changes the date right when the minute hand hits the 12, and still loses time, but it takes skill, cunning, drive, experience, nerve, and a little luck, to find a good fake for a decent price (or even a bad fake for a great price) That's the hard part and that's the part that I really love. No, not every rep is created equal, but they're all a little different, kind of like us.