When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed dirty movement on Bentley GT

mbikertom

I've had a bentley GT in black for a while now though it has spent most of its time in a draw due to the amount of swarf and dirt coming through the date/day windoew to the face of the watch.

Does anyone know someone who could clean teh movement and face for me to be able to wear this watch again?

Also as the watch is black with white rehault, you notice just how wide the rehault is on the rep against a gen. Also looking to out this on a leather strap as the one currently supplied is alittle bling.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Tom

how did you get dirt on the face and movement from it sitting in the drawer?

i also have a GT (racing edition) with the black face (cream subdials)

i am very satisfied with this rep, about the inner bezel- thats IMO the biggest, and one of the very few "visible" call outs on this watch.

also the AR is an issue, even though the "racing" version came with light-AR, which is pretty good for light AR.

the dail is very high quality and spot on the gen (have seen one in person) also the case is about %99.8 same as gen, for the Racing version- the case back is %99 like the gen, very good job on the case back there.

the DW had the wrong font color (light red instead of maroon red) but i have seen a few "newer" reps with the updated font color, even though its still not %99 like gen (i believe its not that of a big problem to replicate a color that is sort of standard)

i wish they would make an "upgraded" version with the correct inner bezel and Double AR out of the box-

i would buy that one straight away! and i believe dozens on the board as well :D

overall a great, beautiful watch.

db1

• 2 weeks later...

Bibbs,

Thanks for your response & yes I am in the UK so I'll wait to see how you ge on. Keep me posted if you can.

Db1, Thanks for your response, the dirt appeared on the inside of the face within a wek or two of owning it so didn't wear it after that though I do love the overall look of the watch apart from the wider internal bezel which I think is the main tell tail fign that this is a rep.

If someone did update this with the mods you mention then count me in.

Thanks for your responses and due to work being really busy running up to Christmas I haven't had the chance to look at reponses to my question so a belated "thanks" for the info.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas from overcast blighty!

Tom