When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginmariner has just arrived, pics and impressions

Pakz

Like alligoat said, either a rep-friendly watchmaker or get yourself some tools. Gioarmani has done a tutorial on how to do some basic adjusting (without a timing machine) and it is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Adjust-Rep-s-Tim...amp;hl=regulate

The Noobmariner (Beginmariner, Nymphomariner) are great bang for the buck and a good piece to start your collection. Wear it and give the watch a couple of days before you judge the aberration of the movement.

change the insert (numbers are too fat) and pearl 100%.

engraving personally bothers me on the noobmariner because the rehaut is not deep enough.

as does the laser etched crown on any noob model (which is more of a tell than NOT having one), cause it's simply too large and the biggest tell after you do the most basic mods.

the dial in the noobs is from a 2002-2004 model, and if your bracelet has the model no. engraved at the end links (which yours does) it's incorrect for the engraved rehaut year. ALL reasons WHY I dislike the engraving, and converted my noob to one with lug holes. circa 2003.

AR is not standard on sub anyways. Either way im sure you'll enjoy your purchase, and I hope you do.

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

• 2 months later...
http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss10009-black-beg...ing-p-2303.html

I guess Josh hasn't updated his pics yet. The crown on the M serial doesn't appear to be as big as the original crown on the ealry noobs/beginmariners. As gplracer says, maybe the cg's are getting better. This could really be a great case with just a few mods- correct sized crown, trimmed cg's, and a few turns on the lathe so that the inside diameter of the bezel was just a bit larger so that the aftermarket inserts and gen inserts would snap in and it would be a killer watch. It's got the correct rehaut for the 16800, so lug holes would be great! A WM pearl is also a great improvement and cheap when you can buy it for $10+.

Evidently Josh does not RPT not sell the Beginmariner as a M Serial with ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX engraved in the rehaut . I was about to order one so I asked and here is his response. Could be you just got a lucky purchase. Nice watch though

The one I am selling does not have engraved rehaut.

Similar watch with engraved rehaut is only avail in swiss or asian eta 2836. Item no rlss01007 and 8.

Evidently Josh does not RPT not sell the Beginmariner as a M Serial with ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX engraved in the rehaut . I was about to order one so I asked and here is his response. Could be you just got a lucky purchase. Nice watch though

The one I am selling does not have engraved rehaut.

Similar watch with engraved rehaut is only avail in swiss or asian eta 2836. Item no rlss01007 and 8.

Seems like he changed his mind on selling this one. Hopefully Ill get this one as I just ordered two days ago. http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss10009-black-beg...ing-p-6253.html

I have read the original review of Noobmariner by ByTor and would like to know the following:

1) Do all Noobmariners come from the same factory and does the quality of Noobmariner vary from dealer to dealer ?

2) Which dealer currently sells the 'best' looking Noobmariner?

3) Does the Noobmariner use an ETA or Asian clone of ETA or something entirely different?

Thanks for your patience and for being so demanding. :1a:

P_Diddy

Like alligoat said, either a rep-friendly watchmaker or get yourself some tools. Gioarmani has done a tutorial on how to do some basic adjusting (without a timing machine) and it is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Adjust-Rep-s-Tim...amp;hl=regulate

The Noobmariner (Beginmariner, Nymphomariner) are great bang for the buck and a good piece to start your collection. Wear it and give the watch a couple of days before you judge the aberration of the movement.