When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big ingy

FxrAndy

Is it me or does this look pretty good from the front

Linky

Gen from Siesta

DSC01037.jpg

Rep from watch station

IMG_1827-med.jpg

I like it!

Faults i see so far are the size given by watch station is only 42mm, i am sure this should be larger

Subdial pos is off

markers look to flat

Lets not pick at the back as it is a dead givaway

what else?

The power reserve is too far to the left. The power reserve dial should actually truncate the "15" time marker.

The date window is also too high and should be sitting right over where the "30" marker is.

The baton markers are wrong too. The markers are actually more 3-D looking...with the lume sitting quite low between the side pieces. Here's a pic of Siesta181's gen (I see you looking at the thread, BTW...so am taking the liberty of posting this). :)

If you note the outside "end" of the baton markers on the rep are flush with the sides, whereas on the gen they are actually sunken. This would be a mod I think needs to be done to give the dial more dimension.

DSC01038.jpg

Siesta's pictorial can be found by clicking the pic above. You can also read about his saga with the faulty lume marker HERE.

The gen is 45.5mm...so if this is really only 42mm it is quite a bit smaller. But boy...am I glad they've repped this. I really do love this watch. The size is a bit tricky though, as this piece as per Siesta's pic, smokes on the croc strap. So, if they don't have the proper case size, it will be tricky matching either an aftermarket strap or gen strap to this one...as I'm not a huge fan of the kevlar "look" strap.