When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In search of a Patek....

MasterMark

Hello everyone. I've been scouring around looking for a Patek replica for my father as a present (my bank manager is unwilling to lend me the extra $50k or so I need for a gen. something about a credit crunch, and the fact that I work in financial services. didn't really understand).

In any event, I understand they are not many that have been rep'd. I have seen a few from some of the recommended dealers here, but none has really taken my fancy (Narikaa had a good looking chrono (only $90 or so given the 21j Asian mvmt) but at 14mm it was rather too deep). By chance came across the following (links below). There are a few versions I haven't seen elsewhere, and some have a seiko kinetic mvmt (obviously not a good thing). Just wondering whether they have sacrificed all the mvmt to make them look aesthetically pleasing (which I think they rather do). I know I can safely ignore the AAA+ claim, and the 24 month guarantee).

If anyone has come across these versions below from a dealer here in the past or has any comments, much appreciated as usual.

http://www.repliquemontre.com/en/ProductsL...ATEK%20PHILIPPE

http://www.repliquemontre.com/en/ProductsL...Str=&page=2

No experience with that site & I have never come across any rep watch with a Seiko Kinetic movement, but I suppose it is possible (though I doubt such watches would be selling for typical rep prices). I have also never seen a complicated Patek rep that looked like anything but a rep. Some of the better Nautilus reps are quite nice (if you like that style) & if you check with some of our collectors, they can probably source 1 of these (though the black dial version seems to be far more prevalent than the white)

pp510720261.jpg

Hello everyone. I've been scouring around looking for a Patek replica for my father as a present (my bank manager is unwilling to lend me the extra $50k or so I need for a gen. something about a credit crunch, and the fact that I work in financial services. didn't really understand).

In any event, I understand they are not many that have been rep'd. I have seen a few from some of the recommended dealers here, but none has really taken my fancy (Narikaa had a good looking chrono (only $90 or so given the 21j Asian mvmt) but at 14mm it was rather too deep). By chance came across the following (links below). There are a few versions I haven't seen elsewhere, and some have a seiko kinetic mvmt (obviously not a good thing). Just wondering whether they have sacrificed all the mvmt to make them look aesthetically pleasing (which I think they rather do). I know I can safely ignore the AAA+ claim, and the 24 month guarantee).

If anyone has come across these versions below from a dealer here in the past or has any comments, much appreciated as usual.

I have a Patek Calatrava yellow gold hobnail cased replica which isn't a bad copy (it is only 8.11mm height), so is neat. It is quite close to the gen visually and with a decent strap looks pretty good too. This was obtained from Andrew at Trusty about a year ago. I can PM you a pic if you like. So far I've found the least expensive Pateks the best for looks - why I have no idea. But it keeps good time (after some lubrication from a local watch-smith).

The PP-004 shown on the second site reference you gave is no way even a Patek style of watch but a copy of a Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde, with a copied JD case and trademark crown (it is also quite inaccurate).

As to Patek's cost - $50k seems a bit much - You can certainly own one for a lot less!

I bought a pre-owned Calatrava 6 months ago for $8400 and it is perfect - so not too expensive for what you get - a cal 12-600 nickel lever movement, gyromax balance, 30 jewels, 18k gold rotor, precision regulator, adjusted to heat, cold, isochronism and 5 positions etc etc....with an 18k cushion form case...can't be bad. :1a: It was in beautiful condition and as new. The pre-owned market is a pretty good one for Pateks.

Is my Trusty Calatrava near it in appearance and quality.....? Not a chance. BUT it got me to thinking as I liked it so much that maybe I could own a real one - and now I have.

Now I'm not promoting gen watches as this is a rep forum, but the simpler style of Patek repped, once owned can lead to greater things....

Well, I highly recommend you that you stick with the forum dialers, because is safer to buy from them.

Most of the rep of that link are mostly the cheapest models for Patek and can be sourced by the board dealers.

There are available on the market several qualities of reps, in term of construction, aesthetics, accuracy and Price and also a lot of fantasies.

By the way, to my knowledge there are not reps with Seiko kinetic movements available on the market, and if they were, a Seiko kinetic movement it

As Freddy says, the complications models provide, well, complications.

I think that Patek does a fine job with the minimalist designs, such as the calatrava, better than anyone else:

post-180-1228957653_thumb.jpg

I like this one and wear it from time to time. I like it a lot.

Carl

I may only be a few posts in, but now I get to say:

You should have searched. If so, you would have found there is a great guide to Patek rep's. Here is the link:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=86989

Thanks everyone for all the comments.

Pappy - I did indeed see that guide, and it's incredibly thorough and very useful. The watches on that other site weren't on the guide though (unsurprising given how many fantasy Patek reps there are), so thought I'd check!

Emuozz - I must say I will have to disagree with your Kinetic comment! I've bought two kinetics direct from Seiko, and they both conked out within 3 years, losing time and power reserve. They are also extremely expensive to replace, so not for me any more!

In any event, I'll def stick with the rep dealers here, no reason not to. Happy hunting and happy holidays to everyone!