When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau Diver Chronograph 2008 rep released...

piratedzeus

Lan the Man...Fastest Trigger on the Island. I'll live vicariously through you on this one!!

haha.. the 07 didn't do much... the 06 still "King of the Hill'.. but when the genuine of the 08 was released.. well.. I put in an early order so to speak... the colour combo is outstanding .. very nice ... but sheesh customs is so jammed up I'll probably recieve it in 09 .. this one will definately have to see Ziggy.. and I have a Chief AR crystal awaiting use ... wonder waht the 09 will look like ? :lol:

haha.. the 07 didn't do much... the 06 still "King of the Hill'.. but when the genuine of the 08 was released.. well.. I put in an early order so to speak... the colour combo is outstanding .. very nice ... but sheesh customs is so jammed up I'll probably recieve it in 09 .. this one will definately have to see The Zigmeister.. and I have a Chief AR crystal awaiting use ... wonder waht the 09 will look like ? :lol:

I am 100% with you on all counts here. Can you imagine a The Zigmeister full yellow lume job on this? SICK!

I have to admit, this King pic of the back makes me like it more:

IWC-124-9.jpg

The other pictures looked like a really cheap Chinatown glass snuff bottle with the pale, translucent blue. This pic with the darker blue looks waaaay better.

IWC-124-4.jpg

Sunken subdials of course...very nice, very nice.

IWC-124-10.jpg

AND...do my eyes deceive me, or is that an ENGRAVED rotor instead of some Dollar Store Peel-n-Stick????

yes Toad,.. I am excited about what Rob "can do" with the yellow lume.. more than I am about the rep itself.. if that makes any sense.. to have a coloured lume like that of the 06 of which Robs consistency is amazing to say the least.. same on mine as it is on all the other members CD's... now that is SICK !!

the enhanced colour does nothing to the image but ruin the colour .. agree,... but after knowing the capabilities of the "tools" available for doing this you can understand why I don't put much credence in the makers pics.. as I am fairly confident that the pics are not accurate.. meaning ,.. the rep is probably more accurate than the pic.. just how accurate will have to be seen.. B)

futhermore Kings image without max saturation shows more of the true lines.. although I am pretty sure that the lines are more like the genuine than these pics will illustrate... a good example would be the Chopard .. when they came out with the pics.. it was thought that the sub dials were not accurate at all.. when in fact they are spot on.. but the lighting was misleading ..

but I doubt the image on the case back is that deep in colour.. that too looks like it has been mutually enhanced..

Good that they are not deceiving in a way to make us think that they are accurate and then turn out not to be.. :)