When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Side by Side picture of Skyland V2 vs. V3

Daytona4me

A quick repost from me on RWI..

Look below and you will see the V2 & V3 Slate dial Breitling Skyland on my wrist..

People who are scared away by the "lume dot" issue.. dont worry and dont hesitate to buy one of these. They are amazing!

I want to note.. even if my photo does not show it.. the "Automatic" is more red in color on the V2 than the V3..

The Bezel on the V3 is more close to the genuine imo.. easily seen when comparing the "5's" in the bezel against the genuine.

v3skyland007.jpg

Can these fit a gen bezel btw? SA can right?

Nope. The SA V1 could accept a gen bezel very easily as the bezel screws were functional like the gen. The new V2 has a press fit bezel like the Skyland and the bezel screws are just for decoration. So much for J&A's claim that all parts are interchangeable with the gen :(

Nope. The SA V1 could accept a gen bezel very easily as the bezel screws were functional like the gen. The new V2 has a press fit bezel like the Skyland and the bezel screws are just for decoration. So much for J&A's claim that all parts are interchangeable with the gen :(

Well, the claim's nothing new, isn't it? ;)

Thanks for the re-post...V3 pushers still look too long...would drive me crazy

I don't find the length to be an issue without side by side comarisons. For one, I wear my watches on the right hand, so the pushers are buried under a shirt sleeve 3/4 of the time and the difference is really minimal when you're holding the watches. On a macro shot, every issue seems blown up...but in reality, we're talking very small fractions of an inch variance in the pusher lengths.

Great lume dots BTW...

Correct, noticed that on my V2 while I had it. Two bezel screws were just spinning freely in both directions, so I also deducted the only way toi remove the bezel would be to pop it off with a blade as other non-Breitling bezels. :-(

This and the fact that the movement was faulty on arrival made me have second thoughts re V2s and couldn't understand the hype and price hype on V2 over V1. Andrew told me it was primarily due upgraded new A7750 28.8kbph mov't that comes in V2, but I'm not sure about that.

Still the chrono pushers length and assembly on V3 bugs me a little, they're not only correct length on V2 but the screwed in base looks more 1:1.