When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS Shipping question

SBrat

Hi

My package left Shanghai sorting center on 9th December and has still not reached JFK. EMS tracking shows this information:

Timing Site Status

2008-12-08 08:36:00 JIADING Posting

2008-12-08 16:58:00 1844 Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-12-08 23:53:21 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-12-09 00:49:30 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

Normally,it gets to USA within 2-3 days from China. This is like over 1 week today. Has anybody else had a similiar experience recently

I would imagine mailing must be backed up a bit, because of holiday mailing traffic, but this sees too long:(

Do I need to do anything.

Will appreciate your feedback.

Hi

My package left Shanghai sorting center on 9th December and has still not reached JFK. EMS tracking shows this information:

Timing Site Status

2008-12-08 08:36:00 JIADING Posting

2008-12-08 16:58:00 1844 Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-12-08 23:53:21 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-12-09 00:49:30 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

Normally,it gets to USA within 2-3 days from China. This is like over 1 week today. Has anybody else had a similiar experience recently

I would imagine mailing must be backed up a bit, because of holiday mailing traffic, but this sees too long:(

Do I need to do anything.

Will appreciate your feedback.

By now it should have moved on. If it has not, copy the current info re the package and send it to your dealer. Ask him to check with the local Post to see what is up. I had this happen once and the dealer was able to correct the problem.

Also, I have seen a status like the one above were the package, for some stange reason, was not being updated, but showed up at my door any how.

Good luck.

I posted a "heads up' to the customs backlog last week.. customs is so backlogged with the Holiday rush.. (more people shopping on the internet)

parcels will be delayed up to a week and more as we get closer to the mailing deadline for mail to be delivered before the 25 Dec.

See > http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=88158

my Deep Sea has taken an extra week and it was rerouted in Cali because of the number of parcels there.. so it went from LA .. then processed in Santa Clarita.. before it came to Hawaii ..

so your parcels may be tied up "inbounds customs" up to 5 or 7 day's now.. no worries.. just sit tight and breath .. that's about all we can do at this time of year.. B)

this is the craziness that is going on now:

Label/Receipt Number: EBxxx xxx xxxC N

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, December 16, 2008, 2:20 am, HONOLULU, HI 96813 ended up at the wrong post office..

Processed, December 12, 2008, 5:06 pm, SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383 How it ended up here?? dunno <_<

Inbound Into Customs

Inbound International Arrival, December 08, 2008, 8:15 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Foreign International Dispatch, December 08, 2008, 12:11 am, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign Acceptance, December 07, 2008, 8:49 pm

as you can see.. it was in limbo forever.. but I expected it so no worries .. it did get delivered to the wrong Post office for delivery to my mail center..

I posted what to expect.. many "views" but "no replies" .. so I guess no one cared to pass it on.. :rolleyes:

Do not depend on the "tracking" info .. it will be erroneous or not scanned at all at points.. they are boing nutz.. hope no one goes "postal"

For the Noobs notice my tracking has no "out bound customs" .. tracking does not make any sense ... the 'seasoned Vets" know not to worry.. but in case you are.. rest easy !!

Lanikai,

Thanks for sharing your experience. May package may have reached USA, and may have missed being scanned at inbound point. Can't be in air for a week!

Hopefully, I will see a scan somewhere in tracking system soon and receive it later this week. It has been 8 days already.

Lanikai,

Thanks for sharing your experience. May package may have reached USA, and may have missed being scanned at inbound point. Can't be in air for a week!

Hopefully, I will see a scan somewhere in tracking system soon and receive it later this week. It has been 8 days already.

don't stress .. it is normal for this time of the year.. .. cannot go by the tracking info or how many day's.. it will arrive in good time.. look at how long my parcel was backlogged in Customs.... it took 11 day's .. and we are closer to the USPS deadline for mailing so expect another gazillion parcels in the mail now.. I would say maybe at the end of this week.. but best just to think .. beggining of next week.. easier on the mind :)

My package arrived yesterday evening. It took 8 days from China to USA, which seems pretty ok. The scary part was that there was no update on tracking information on EMS or USPS site, after it left Shanghai on 12/9. I was getting apprehensive since I thought it could ot be in air for 7 days!

I guess, it missed being scanned at multiple points in USA.

• 3 months later...

I have a package coming from china being shipped by EMS. I was now finally able to get a hit on the item using usps and it's status is (foriegn acceptance) what does this mean? I have heard that if you can see your international package on usps that means that it's now inthe US. So does (foriegn acceptance) mean that US is accepting the package from a foriegn country?

I have a package coming from china being shipped by EMS. I was now finally able to get a hit on the item using usps and it's status is (foriegn acceptance) what does this mean? I have heard that if you can see your international package on usps that means that it's now inthe US. So does (foriegn acceptance) mean that US is accepting the package from a foriegn country?

It literally means that the "paper work" (documents) have been accepted by the postal service (EMS) in China.. without the proper paper work nothing leaves .. and if it does and reaches the USA or EU and does not have proper documentation ie. declaration of goods and sender info . etc. it will be "returned to point of origin"

Some dealers will give you the tracking number before the parcel and documentation arrives at the Post office... I have a stack of Express forms.. and can give you a tracking number.. but until I take it to the Post office and they process and "scan" it ... it will not be in the "system".. once the "accet it then they will scan it and ergo.. you can track it..

it still won't leave immediately.. it will be another day until your parcel actually leaves China.. and usually 3 day's after you get the tracking number until "foriegn acceptance" is posted.

Once it leaves it will take another full 24 hours until youu may see a "arrival" and "inbounds Customs" tag..

be aware that since the economic hard times the USPS has laid off hundreds of workers.. they are running on less manpower.. the carriers that had one route now have 3.. so EMS to the USA in some States may take a day or 2 longer.. and if it lands on a Friday and is out of Customs .. don't expect it until Monday..

Its a sign of how things are now..

here step by step

Delivered.... gotchya B)

Arrival at Unit, December 16, 2008, 2:20 am, HONOLULU, HI 96813 arrived at my zip coded Post office for delivery to my Mail service

Processed, December 12, 2008, 5:06 pm, Scanned for trip to area Post office

Inbound out of Customs ..Released from Customs

Inbound Into Customs .. Into Customs (all parcels pass through Customs from forieng Countries)

Inbound International Arrival, December 08, 2008, 8:15 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)... Lands in USA

Foreign International Dispatch, December 08, 2008, 12:11 am, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP ... leaves China

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign Acceptance, December 07, 2008, 8:49 pm .... Documents Accepted

OK??

btw.. somethimes .. especially now with the layoffs.. the parcel may not be scanned .. but it will be in transit so .. no worry... be happy :D

Lani