When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Extereme test UPO

Bosshaug

Hia guys ..

Took my UPO 45 up to the mountains in Norway this weekend.

I knew I was doing the following at risk as I have of yet not checked the caseback seals or crown seals. This is a 2 month old UPO worn only for a week. Anyway here goes..I checked both crowns were secured (Not overtight) and away it went right from my arm at body temp and placed on a stump in the woods for five minuts and then in the river with 1 deg celcius water temp. I left it there in abt 35 cm depth of water for abt 5 mins. Then took it out and placed it in the snow for another 5- 10minutes.. Now the air temp that day was minus 12 deg celcius! Then later took the watch indoors to climatize for abt 20 mins and put it on my wrist and wore it in the sauna at 95 deg celcius for abt 15 mins. This brings the watch right into another extreme condition. Shock heat with high humidity and then right out again into minus 12 deg c!! (Did this twice!) Not bad at all! I was impressed! B)

Here are some pics of the watch on the stup before put in the river.. and then after thrown in the snow...

post-16134-1229455806_thumb.jpgpost-16134-1229456033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bosshaug

I good test, i have tested a SFSO in a steam room with out problems but it was not that cold to start with, a good follow up would be a drop of cold water on the crystal after taking it out of the heat, this would show condensation under the drop of water if any moisture had got inside. I would keep a case back opener and a tupperwear box full of silica jell sachets close at hand just in case.

I good test, i have tested a SFSO in a steam room with out problems but it was not that cold to start with, a good follow up would be a drop of cold water on the crystal after taking it out of the heat, this would show condensation under the drop of water if any moisture had got inside. I would keep a case back opener and a tupperwear box full of silica jell sachets close at hand just in case.

Right... good thinking batman.. hrhr... :D

Yeah could have gone wrong... took the chance.. I just had to...

If it was my only rep then I might not have done it though. :p

The last extreme test I did was a Casio G-Shock 2 summers ago.

Went fishin in the fjord and got board. After an hour or so with not

as much as a nibble on the hook I took my casio and secured it on the

line of my rod and sent it 175 meters straight down! It Survived!

"Nice" test of a watch !

I will do the same test with my UPO when I have put the genuine crown and tube on it !

It is a very nice watch !

I have tesded my IWC ingenieur ( steel, non chrono ! ) in the sauna with NO problem at all but it is important to check that the seals are siliconed and that the case is tighten enough !

Hia guys ..

Took my UPO 45 up to the mountains in Norway this weekend.

I knew I was doing the following at risk as I have of yet not checked the caseback seals or crown seals. This is a 2 month old UPO worn only for a week. Anyway here goes..I checked both crowns were secured (Not overtight) and away it went right from my arm at body temp and placed on a stump in the woods for five minuts and then in the river with 1 deg celcius water temp. I left it there in abt 35 cm depth of water for abt 5 mins. Then took it out and placed it in the snow for another 5- 10minutes.. Now the air temp that day was minus 12 deg celcius! Then later took the watch indoors to climatize for abt 20 mins and put it on my wrist and wore it in the sauna at 95 deg celcius for abt 15 mins. This brings the watch right into another extreme condition. Shock heat with high humidity and then right out again into minus 12 deg c!! (Did this twice!) Not bad at all! I was impressed! B)

Here are some pics of the watch on the stup before put in the river.. and then after thrown in the snow...

post-16134-1229455806_thumb.jpgpost-16134-1229456033_thumb.jpg