When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No date submariner problems

Rambus

Hello RWG,

My first replica arrived a week or so ago from EuroTimez and it looks amazing in person. I ordered a no date submariner http://www.eurotimez.com/page65/page96/pag...40/page140.html

I had initially placed my order with an upgraded movement which unfortunately for me did not fit into my watches case. (Chris attempted the install, not me)

I have few main issues with the watch that I'm hoping you, the fine members of RWG can help me resolve

-It sounds like a can of spray paint. Even the slightest movement makes a very loud rattling (I'm assuming its the self winding portion of the watch?) But it is too loud to wear in public with out drawing comments. Could this be the result of some missing grease or simply the quality of the movement?

-The watch hands don't line up with 12. (or any of the hours). When the hour hand reaches a marker, the minute hand is roughly at 30.

-The watch stops randomly. Even after wearing it for an hour or two the watch stops ticking until I give it a really good shake. This might be related to the first problem?

I emailed Chris about this a few days ago but I know with his recent troubles it may be weeks before he gets back to me.

Wow you folks are fast!

I'll revise my email to Chris with a more detailed description of the problem and ask him if a replacement is possible.

Perhaps the entire movement is loose in the case causing: Ratlle, knocking the hands out of alignment and bending the hands against crystal causing the erractic start/stops issues.....but hey, what do I know.

That sounds about right, if a replacement is not possible (due to the fact I have wore the watch one day) I will have to investigate this further.

Thank you for the quick responses.