When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

201A Updated 12/21/08

tmg

Here are a few quick new shots of my DSN 201A with a FGD dial installed (my 3rd and hopefully final iteration :rolleyes: ) -these dials are fantastic!

Mounted on it is a frankenstrap; a Strapmasters nubuck shark in chocolate with a MP natural sewn-in buckle and gold stitching. I also had a T48 crown installed but unfortunately it did not fit the CG lever/placement well at all so I went back to the stock DSN crown. All that remains for now is to drill out the lug holes for the double screw type strap bars and I think I'm done.

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
That looks fantastic ...great to see another one "free in the wild" as they were meant to be ....thanks for your appreciation!!

Killer combo as well ....looks mint!!!

Cheers

FGD

Thanks S and thank you again for undertaking this project and bringing us these dials!

Do u think that the crown guard needs to be modded as well? I noticed the gen ones are bigger... apart from that I would remove the AR if any and try to age the indices to non-matching (Or matching if u like)

Yup, I tried a 1:1 V CG but it didn't fit this case well at all and scrapped that idea, my crystal has already been replaced with one that has no AR coating. I thought I had aged looking indices already with the creamy tritium tone and the hands are already unmatched to the dial :p:) .

It is hard to comment and not repeat what has already been said but here goes:

Everything about this watch speaks good taste right down to the awesome strap and its stitching. And the FGD dials are the cat's pajamas.

This piece certainly has a bunch of us green with envy. Wear it in good health.

It is hard to comment and not repeat what has already been said but here goes:

Everything about this watch speaks good taste right down to the awesome strap and its stitching. And the FGD dials are the cat's pajamas.

This piece certainly has a bunch of us green with envy. Wear it in good health.

Thanks a lot B!