When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 72 for grabs

PAMman

Just a heads-up, and I have no link with the seller.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62863

It is claimed that this watch was serviced by ATG Vintage Watches. It's certianly Alistair Gibbons type of watch and I have no reason to disbelive the seller. I know that ATG prepare watches very thoroughly and this movement is likely to be 100%. Very nice watch in its own right but at this price, with the

The Cal. 72 is an interesting movement- I'd like to see what it is- looks like GMT hand is on the bottom. 17 jewels derived from an early ETA ebauche kinda like our CN guys are doing with the 2836-2 maybe?

The Sea Chron is beautiful- I'd sure hate to see someone use it for a Daytona project, but I can't afford another watch right now.

That's a Zodiac Cal 72 and has nothing to do with a VJ72. That being said it's a nice movement. I'm just getting to list a Zodiac Sea Wolf with a Cal 72 and it doesn't command those prices.

Jim

I know that the Zodiac Cal 72 isn't a Vj 72, but I was referring to the Sea Chron which does have the Valjoux 72.