When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First problem with rep

ifly65

My first rep problem. I just received my Trustytime DRSD with swiss eta. I got it from a member on repgeek. The calendar is DOA. It does not work at all. It barely reacts to the crown actions. If you tap on the watch, it spins freely. What are my options?

UPDATE: The seller refunded all funds and told me to "keep the watch".

My first rep problem. I just received my Trustytime DRSD with swiss eta. I got it from a member on repgeek. The calendar is DOA. It does not work at all. It barely reacts to the crown actions. If you tap on the watch, it spins freely. What are my options if the member/seller wont honor a refund?

I'm assuming you're taking the datewheel. It definitely sounds like it's been dislodged, and this should be fixable by any watch repair person. If it arrived loose, it might have been jostled in the post to you.

I would suggest talking it over with your seller, and finding a someone that can do the repair, and seeing about doing a split on the repair somehow. The fact of the matter is, it will cost money to issue a refund by Paypal or whatever because of service charges, and time...and you also have return postage costs and risk as well...so both of you lose if you get a refund for something that SHOULD be a fairly inexpensive repair.

If you're in Toronto, I can refer you to a couple places that can do a repair like that and should not cost more than $50 (which is on the high end I think)...others can correct me on this one.

It could be the datewheel has slipped, or the date overlay has become detached.

I'm assuming you're taking the datewheel. It definitely sounds like it's been dislodged, and this should be fixable by any watch repair person. If it arrived loose, it might have been jostled in the post to you.

I would suggest talking it over with your seller, and finding a someone that can do the repair, and seeing about doing a split on the repair somehow. The fact of the matter is, it will cost money to issue a refund by Paypal or whatever because of service charges, and time...and you also have return postage costs and risk as well...so both of you lose if you get a refund for something that SHOULD be a fairly inexpensive repair.

If you're in Toronto, I can refer you to a couple places that can do a repair like that and should not cost more than $50 (which is on the high end I think)...others can correct me on this one.

It could be the datewheel has slipped, or the date overlay has become detached.

Thanks Toad. I appreciate the info. Yes its the DW. It feels like its 'slipping' when I move the crown and @midnight nothing happens.

You are not going to believe it...the seller just refunded my money and told me to "keep the watch". MAN is that a great x-mas gesture or what? I was totally bummed today when I got the watch...thinking "yep this is my first issue". I expect problems...but this is a great way to start this hobby. I have bought five reps in only two months. I should have an MBW 'Polex' 1680 in the mail wednesday, and a Eurotimez soon.