When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with my first rep - Noob Explorer II Blackface!

mas_uch

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone on this site for sharing their knowledge to us 'noobs'. :D

So I finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered a Noob Explorer II Blackface and a Noobmariner from Eurotimez.

As expected, the Noobmariner is an awesome watch. Its what I hoped for and more.

On the other hand, the Explorer II Blackface is somewhat of a disappointment. (Of the two watches, I was really looking forward to the EXP)

Some issues I have with the watch are:

1) The lum is not evenly filled (some of the markers are over filled)

2) The bracelet clasp does not close completely

3) One of the bracelet screws is stripped

But the main issue I have is the movement. As some of you know, the Noob EXP II comes with a genuine ETA 2836-2.

When I hand wind the watch, I feel alot of resistance; much more resistance than my gen Seamaster with the modified ETA movement.

Now I know I can't compare the two movements but it seems like I have to work much harder to wind on the EXP.

Has anybody encountered such problems with the 2836-2?

Can someone offer me some advice?

Thanks for reading and I'll post pics soon!

A couple of things here. First, even though you got a 2836-2 ETA, these movements are what is referred to as 'surplus'. They don't come in a sealed package, spanking brand new, direct from Switzerland. So it kinda comes down to the luck of the draw. Your movement could be dirty and in need of a service. It also could be a copy ETA- just because the dealer claims it's a true Swiss ETA doesn't mean it's true. If you continue to have problems with it, you can either send it back, or have it serviced.

The second thing to remember is that you should try to keep winding of your 2836 to a minimum. It's an automatic movement and wearing it is the best way to keep it wound. If you do have to wind it, do so slowly and carefully. It is definitely the weak link in the movement and is prone to breaking.