When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Probably one of the best PAM036

jitai

Hi All,

My long waited PAM036 project has finally completed.

Many thanks to The Zigmeister and Spinmaster for their help and beautiful work.

Some pics of the gen

3124406567_96a8f557a9.jpg

- The tobacco brown dial tone amazingly changes under different lightings

A : Tobacco brown

B : Dark brown

c : Black

3125233350_f3012e2b48.jpg

- See thru caseback and beautiful B series movement

Here's mine,

3124409427_4dc6d7d91e_o.jpg

1a) The Zigmeister's aged lume (Different lume tone of the numerals/indices and the hands as per gen)

1b) Rework on CG's lever pin by The Zigmeister

1c) Convert " L Swiss L" to "T swiss T" by The Zigmeister

1d) Cannon pin fixed

2a) Old school PAM036 Ti case (with OP and BB etched on 2 upper corners behind the case and most accurate caseback engravings)

2b) Non ARed crystal

2c) T60 Ti crown

2d) Got a rep strap with the correct brown color to maximise the cosmetic effect

3 : Ti Thumb nail buckle (very rare and hard to find one these days)

Closer look at the caseback details

3124411871_61c29bb0cc.jpg

- Original balance wheel "straight" spokes are incorrect. So, I swappred in the correct one with "flared" spokes (couldn't see in the pic as the movement is running)

- Original gears top surface are matt finished. So, I swapped in the polished gears and the overall appearance looks great

Eyecandy

3124407571_317263e758.jpg

- Dial shows the correct tobacco brown under normal lighting

3125235186_97c8c1989e.jpg

3124409369_dd9eaf75a6.jpg

- Dial colour looks darker or almost black with weak lighting (very close to the gen article)

- Preferred this version dial as compared to DSN's as the dial text font looks better (look at the"T Swiss T")

Wristie

3124491719_3dea292bbc.jpg

Efforts paid off and I am enjoying it every bits.

Thanks for viewing :)

I'd say THE BEST ....I certainly haven't seen one done so well - it's a perfect looking case set and with that dial and movement work is as good as it gets.

The only thing I would be tempted to do is install a gen Ti crown from the Turkey Ebay Seller - enesefe - these are IMHO without doubt genuine and given their provenance - most likely made for a A or B series PAM that was never made or production was cut short.

A fantastic and inspirational watch Jitai!

Enjoy

FGD

Great looking watch, nice work. I have a fully modified PAM177H, still need to do the crown lever pin and then it's also perfect.

You said 'correct brown color strap'. Ok, nice that the color is right, but what about the 'correct right quality leather'? These kind of rep straps imo scream that they are fake. And a lot of people can spot from this strap that it is a replica...

The buckle is also great. Where did you get such one? ebay or one of the forum members?

You said 'correct brown color strap'. Ok, nice that the color is right, but what about the 'correct right quality leather'? These kind of rep straps imo scream that they are fake. And a lot of people can spot from this strap that it is a replica...

Hi Hooky,

The rep strap is really nothing great comparing to a gen leather strap but it is really not that bad imo. Will keep a look out for any nice brown strap to go with it. ^_^ Thanks.

That really is the most beatiful looking 0036 I have ever seen !

I am building my 061 at the moment, the tobaccobrown dial IS VERY nice looking!

Just a question: Should it be 60 or 48 teeth on the crown ?

Will suggest that you go for the T48 crown with the correct number of teeth :)