When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Datejust

CL2447

The glacier blue dial is only available on the platinum Day Date's and the Datejust is not made with that configuration at the moment. You should also know that the rep dials in that color are not very accurate. You might want to consider a rhodium dialed DJ, or the dark blue or black instead as it will look more realistic. Even if the glacier rep dial was accurate on the Day Date, it would be both incorrect for a steel watch, and it is kind of a tell since anyone who knows Rolex will know that the dial is only available in platinum. So unless you are known to be fairly wealthy or whatever folks might wonder why you are wearing a $48,000 watch. That said, some of the DJ rep watches and dials are really great but you might want to pic something else dial wise. DJ's have changed a lot over the years so you don't have to look as closely at these as others. Here is a pic of a rhodium dialed DJ rep I got from Josh that I used to have and a pic of a gen I have now for comparison. Please note that the rep has the older style case (which is correct for the F serial watch that it reps) with narrower lugs and a larger logo font than they use now. But as I said, that stuff changes over time. The rep bracelet and clasp was really nice and the watch had a great feel to it IMO...

Rep:

dj6.jpg

Gen:

DJ11.jpg

Hi. I am looking for a SS Datejust with the turqouise/light bluish face with either tick marks or roman numerals. Does it exist in a DJ model or just the day-date that I have seen? Links to any of our dealers that have then would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chase