When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Went to replica center web site

teddy boy

I did a search to see what the scam sellers are up to these days. First of all, I wouldn't recommend going to their sites as my webroot spyware software immediately threw up a warning that there was an attempt to download very dangerous spwyare on my computer. For the brief time that I was on their site, I saw a supposed solid white gold day date with a 31 jewel 2892 movement selling for $2900. Given that eta manufactures the raw ebauche with 21 jewels and even Omega only adds 2 jewels when manufacturing the Omega 1120 movment (based on the 2892 platform), it seems highly unlikely that you would get a 31 jewel movement from a rep seller. Never mind the whole issue of up jeweling to fool consumers, I don't believe that the movement inside the watch is what they say. And if they lie about the movement, what would you bet that they're lying about the solid gold? My guess is that if they send you anthing at all that it's a gold wrapped (plated) watch that contains at the very best a 28.36. In other words a watch that you could buy for around $300 from a more reputable seller.

You got it!! But if you read their forum...so many customers are 100% satisfied. HAH HAH HAH...

Quite right Toad! I remember, all those years ago, ( Is it that long?) wondering why I couldn't get anyone to answer my questions on those forums!

Then a light glimmered somewhere in the recesses of my brain.

And a search commenced, which lead me to RWCC, then TRC, through the good and bad times at RWG1, and finally here.

All the while, gaining bits of information, on reps and gens alike.

It is probably the more sceptical consumers, who finally find their way to our doors; and one wonders how many thousands of overpriced watches are sold to, and millions of $$, are taken each year, from a largely unsuspecting public?

So we must all count ourselves fortunate, that we have had that degree of scepticism at some time, or we would all be also cursing the replica trade, instead of enjoying what it offers.

And we must never forget, that our arriving new members, all must arrive with some degree of cynicism, as to what they may encounter here.

So let's all take a little time to welcome the newcomers, encourage them to search and read, and answer their questions, as these are the things that will finally convince people that they have indeed found a "legit" source of information, on this hobby of ours.

Offshore