When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas versions?

hackR

Hi...

I am looking at a VC Overseas and understand there's a "upgraded version" 1-1, with eta 2836, etc, etc...

I have been reading thru these posts and it appears there are pros/cons on these different versions - some have better features than the other, etc...better dial, better cross, better bracelet, etc - with better being either more accurate to gen or simply better...

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparision of these versions...with pix...or does anyone have text on what the differences are between the various models...

Thanks...R

Hi...

I am looking at a VC Overseas and understand there's a "upgraded version" 1-1, with eta 2836, etc, etc...

I have been reading thru these posts and it appears there are pros/cons on these different versions - some have better features than the other, etc...better dial, better cross, better bracelet, etc - with better being either more accurate to gen or simply better...

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparision of these versions...with pix...or does anyone have text on what the differences are between the various models...

Thanks...R

Imho, having owned both the gen and the rep I would say none of the versions are very accurate, especially with respect to the bracelet. The links are just not the right shape or size, and it is very noticeable. The hobnob dial pattern is slightly different as well as the font, but that is not noticeable at all without a loupe or both watches side by side. I wouldn't even worry about the minor differences between versions such as the cross or the clasp. No one will notice. I would try to put the watch on a strap however.