When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great service UK PAM Repair

cmt_sutton

Hi All and a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you all.

I`m based in the UK and have been very lucky to have made contact with Rocketeer, another UK based member who is also a watchsmith.

Just before xmas the second hand came loose on my PAM Ultimate 111e bought last year from Puretime (Angus),

Rocketeer came to my rescue and did an excellent repair, not only the second hand but other bits required attention, the crown guard screws were too short and the movement moved inside when the crown lever was pushed back after a time adjustment.

Add to this a case polish that corrected all the wear and case scuffs (FOC) and I had back my watch on xmas eve looking brand new.

WOW what a service Rocketeer does, and very efficient and competitive too.

Even if a warranty had been given by Puretime, it would have been more expensive and risky to post back to China, so having someone like Rocketeer who you can rely on to do an inexpensive professional repair, lume or whatever is fantastic.

I`m a noob when it comes to the technical elements so here are the jobsheet details that were emailed to me from Rocketeer:

1. The dial is on the thick side and so a standard replacement dial foot did not allow the dial to seat low enough without additional machining and cost.

Adhesive dial dots have been utilised instead.

2. The dial has some minor marking from the second hand rubbing prior to being pushed off but this is not particularly visible on the assembled watch.

3. The second hand spigot had splayed very slightly but responded to slight crimping to obtain a secure fit so replacement was not required.

4. Some case damage was present to one of the lugs and the nearby top shoulder, the case has been given a refinish with our compliments.

All repairs go through a 48hr check test to ensure all is well before returning, so yours should be out in Mondays post.

Have a good holiday

Its obvious Rocketeer loves his job (hobby?) and you can tell this by the attention he gives to his repairs which I consider above the norm.

Many thanks Rocketeer for your fantastic service, it is most appreciated.