When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Noob and AP ROO

Snowball

first off, welcome to RWG :victory:

the short answer to your question about the royal oak offshore is that you're not going to find one with a swiss ETA 7750 from one of our standard dealers. for what it's worth, our resident in-house movement expert ziggyzumba has reviewed the asian 7750 w/ seconds at 12 movement that comes from our dealers, and given it a hesitant thumbs up (albeit with some concerns).

now if you're REALLY serious about wanting an ETA and are willing to drop some major dollars (think $2k+), i believe it is possible to purchase an ETA w/ soprod module that achieves the seconds at 12...if you are wanting to do this, try a search -- a member here used to own one of these (although if i recall correctly it wasn't for the themes dial offshore).

MBW/MBK = name of a stall in thailand that sells replicas made by a factory that became well known for making vintage rolex models (eg. 1665) that had 1:1 interchangeability of many genuine parts. for a long time it was very difficult to source these MBW/MBK models, which only added to the lore/history surrounding these watches.

hope this helps ;)

deltatahoe

Snowball:

the MBW/MBK ROO comes with seconds @ 9. I have one and sent it to The Zigmeister who threw in a Swiss 7750 with seconds still at 9. Cost was not too bad (I have around $700 total in it). The good news is that the MBW has the slow beat asian 7750 in it which has hands that are interchangeable with the Swiss version. As Delta mentioned what you want is possible, but expensive and you have to wonder whether or not it's worth it. It isn't to me. How many people really know seconds @ 12 from seconds at 9? BTW, with the MBW, the dail is correct...the 12 subdial is laid out like a seconds dial, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
close

MBW = maria's best watch

That's right. MariaBestWatch was quite controversial back in the day. S/he did have some good quality reps (always at a premium) but also managed to [censored] a lot of people off. But this was at least 5 years ago and things have probably changed since then. Interesting to see what is still around and what has changed. :)

I like a man who knows what he wants but in this case what you want is gunna cost you a fortune! You can get a cpl of realnice gens for 2grand.

A decent Speedmaster gen and enough left over for a pair of top shelf reps in fact. It may be time to compromise and settle for sec@9.

As has been stated the basic A7750 is a sound MVT likley to last you a fair old while but at least with the sec@9 a gen ETA 7750 is not too far out of reach if you want to go that way. Mind you the lower grade gens are proberly no better than the Asian version.

Col.