When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portuguese Chrono 3714-38 quick and dirty pics

b16a2

Well my watch arrived today. First of all, a big thank you to Mark (watchmark) for incredible communication and a great service. For those of you wanting a new watch from someone who is not from the cartel, but want the same quality of service, then look no further, Mark is your man!!

The watch

IWC Portuguese chrono is something of a landmark for them, the blue toned watch really took off, offering something a bit different fromevery other white dialed watch.

It is, as some of you will know, my grail watch, so when the new movement version was released I jumped on the chance. It will be on its way to Francisco on Friday for the complete low down on the movement, so watch this space for the review of the movement and the aesthetics which are to follow shortly.

The Pictures

These are taken with my camera phone (which I bought from my sister in the end as I was always using it haha) The review will use HER camera that she got for xmas. Poor girl, Im always pinching her cameras so I think a drink for her is in order after this!

Anyway here we are. Three flaws I will point out at this stage on this model are the lack of AR coating, and the polished case back (should be bushed) and also the crown is the wrong version......more details will be provided for in the full review.

31122008198.jpg

31122008199.jpg

31122008200.jpg

31122008210.jpg

31122008209.jpg

31122008214.jpg

31122008203.jpg

31122008204.jpg

31122008205.jpg

31122008206.jpg

31122008208.jpg

31122008212.jpg

31122008211.jpg

31122008215.jpg

31122008216.jpg

Very nice model.

I was also thinking about this one because you know for sure that the colours are right.

I did choose the white dial version though, mainly because almost al my watches have black dials.

I have decided to wait with any movement treatment until it stops. Maybe they actually fixed the movement

A very elegant and classy looking watch. I like the clean, simple look of this one.

When I first got into watches a little over a year ago, I wouldn't even look twice at IWC watches, now I'm starting to feel them :)

Great review J, the watch is sure a beauty, I like the black dial you have pictured, and the white dial is a close second.

Thank you all for your kind words. I must admit choosing the black or white dial of a Portuguese is perhaps the hardest decision to make. The white is so beautiful, but the black dial, when it has the AR to compliment it, it just looks so classy!

@mwee - the replica comes with a polished case back, the genuine comes with a brushed case back, but it's only the middle part. The full review will show clearer pictures to demonstrate this. Hopefully it will be an easy mod using a scotch pad.

This is me at the moment with my grail ----> :D

Thank you all for your kind words. I must admit choosing the black or white dial of a Portuguese is perhaps the hardest decision to make. The white is so beautiful, but the black dial, when it has the AR to compliment it, it just looks so classy!

@mwee - the replica comes with a polished case back, the genuine comes with a brushed case back, but it's only the middle part. The full review will show clearer pictures to demonstrate this. Hopefully it will be an easy mod using a scotch pad.

This is me at the moment with my grail ----> :D

Thanks for clearing that up!