When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll: New Release Sub-Forum?

m4rcus

Should there be a New Release Sub-Forum?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a New Release Sub-Forum?

• Yeah
    • Neah

What do you guys think about having a sub-forum dedicated to New Releases? Somewhere that is not brand specific and just showcases the latest and greatest reps?

Just a thought I had while browsing the sub-forums. It seems that I always end up on a few of the brands and miss out on the latest things on other brands.

I put up a poll. It might be a good idea or a lame brain one.

Anyway...Happy New Year everyone!

-- m4rcus

I think it's an awesome idea. There are so many watches here that I would never think to look at just because I'm ignorant of their existance. Just being able to see the "latest and greatest" with out having to search through every forum and thread would REALLY be helpful. Check out the brain on m4rcus!

Not workable unless the dealers post directly to it sorry.

And they wont want the extra work.

Ken

Oh... :(

I was kind of thinking it would be member submitted posts. Kind of like what we see in all of the current sub-forums when Josh/Andrew/Angus, etc put something new on their sites. There is always the post saying "Wow! Look what Josh just put up."

I might not be workable...I was just looking for something to cut down on the browsing and the chances of missing the new/hot item.

-- m4rcus

Yes but what you need to understand is there is a big difference between a member saying "Hey look what I just found on Joe Blows site!" and a sanctioned sub forum for new releases.

In the first instance the dealers are happy when their new release are discovered but they will be peeved if their new releases are overlooked for the sub forum.

In other words to make it work the dealers would have to submit the watches themselves or someone would need to be delegated to do this full time.

Ken

Yes but what you need to understand is there is a big difference between a member saying "Hey look what I just found on Joe Blows site!" and a sanctioned sub forum for new releases.

In the first instance the dealers are happy when their new release are discovered but they will be peeved if their new releases are overlooked for the sub forum.

In other words to make it work the dealers would have to submit the watches themselves or someone would need to be delegated to do this full time.

Ken

Thanks Ken. I didn't think about it that way. Makes sense.