When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My review of Pam111H & StrapLuxe 24mm PAM strap

watchturbo

Got my PAM111H in the mail today from Trusty Time Store (http://www.tt88time.com). Boy am I pleased :) I do not like rubber straps so I changed it up with an Espresso Buffalo with white stitching StrapLuxe strap ().

img7268copylc5.jpg

The only really noticeable difference from the gen that I could immediately see was that the 'L SWISS MADE L' text was too close to the 6 o-clock cut-out on the dial. The watch was properly packed and wrapped in some clear saran wrap looking stuff. No scratches on the watch at all which is awesome! I ordered a Big Pilot rep from them before and it had black sharpie pen marks on the case so I was expecting a non-mint watch upon delivery.

img7271copyou9.jpg

Here's a shot of the Asian Unitas 6497 Hand Wind movement. The finishing is very impressive considering the watch was only $183 shipped from China! Trusty Time Store advertised the watch as its 'BEST SELLER for the past 2 months' and I can now understand why. Great bang for the buck in my opinion. And so far the movement has kept good time, but only time will tell to see how accurate it will be.

img7266copycz7.jpg

I am not a big movement buff so I can't really comment to you on technical stuff about it. But the movement displays very beautifully and superceded all my expectations.

img7265copyxk5.jpg

I am using the 3rd hole on the strap and have a 6.5" wrist. I was concerned that a 135 x 75mm strap would be too long for my puny wrists. But as you can see from this picture, the tail-end of the strap is not too long. So I am one happy camper! There are 7 total buckle holes on the strap so this strap should fit all wrist sizes. I guess the massive 135 x 75mm dimensions is deceiving because one has to keep into account how thick the strap is. This one is about 5mm. The thicker the strap, the longer the straps will have to be to acheive the same desired tail length.

img7254copypf7.jpg

Pretty nice brushed SS buckle with super sharp Strapluxe etching. They advertised their buckles as being thicker than OEM and I have to admit that they are indeed correct. This buckle was a lot larger too than the polished one that came with the PAM111H. I think the bigger the better.

img7269copyxs6.jpg

Another still shot of my new PAM111H. I like the fact that this watch has buckle screws as it makes changing straps a lot easier than with annoying spring bars.

Bottomline: Trusty Time Store sells some HIGH QUALITY REPS and will order more from them. Maybe a Radiomir for me next. Haven't decided on which one yet. Thank you RWG for providing me info on where to get the best reps out there! And I already placed another strap order from Strapluxe as I find their Panerai straps to be extremely comfortable to wear and the quality is superb. I took a risk with them because I haven't seen anyone comment on their PAM straps before and I ordered one, but I got the reward. Hopefully my review is of some use to the RWG community.

Happy New Year!

Ah fantastic, funny I showed my dad the picture of the PAM111, he didnt like it at all, i suppose he is to much in to omega's. Oyster you are right very tought choice, really nice straps but I do like the croc skin hmmmm.

I have been well and truely bitten by the watch bug, i got my first rep just before xmas, TAG chrono lovely watch , 41mm face which I can just about pull off so now I can fairly confidently look at PAM's not worrying to much about face size. Then I will have to buy a SUB, cant not have a colllection without the sub :D

Hi Wazk, I too only joined in the last month or two. This site is officially the best forum on both rep and gen watches. I have just bought a PAM111 from trusty time. I know its worrying ordering from these sites but I have had great contact with Andrew. I would say you could order off him with confidence.

Regards

David