When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which do you have or prefer SS, leather, rubber

I love RWG and have learned a great deal and have enjoyed being a part of and reading other discussion on here. I recently purchased the Navy ROO SS. I love it, I simply love it. My research on here brought me to make a very educated choice where I bought and from who.

I am considering my second purchase and although, I have read many articles on straps, I wanted to get an opinion from members who have bought and or have had experience with the rubber or the leather, good, bad and the ugly...

I love the SS, but defiantly need a more comfortable day to day band..

I have read about the leather "splitting", the rubber being discolored. I have also read about the "brush" of the SS being off but I don't have that with my ROO.

I love the Volcano but the band has the wrong stitching. I wanted to buy the blue leather band with my NAVY ROO but felt I was better off with the SS as the color of blue was questionable...

thanks so much and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

the floor is open

(watch no one will respond, I'll be that guy)

lol

Edited by goodfella0406

You know i thought this could be a very different discussion with leather and rubber in the title, shame, but i do have an oppinion. I am not a fan of rubber on expencive watches, ruber to me always looks? well? to GSHOCKish, i tried a PO on rubber and i never really liked it, but on SS i loved it, so for me it would have to be leather or SS, if i was after a very work like strap i would have to go with kevlar if one was available.

• 1 month later...

I am in the midst of my research for my SECOND purchase from Josh. Now that it seems the rubber bezzle peeling issue has been solved. I am looking into the black dial with rubber strap. thanks guys for all the suggestions.

I will for sure be interested in picking up an after market strap to go with the rubber. "carbon fiber " is amazing

I am picking the black dial as it seems the closest to the GEN. The white dial would be my first choice aestheticly but with the leaking lume issues and the date wheel, I feel the black dial is as close as we can get to the Gen

thoughts?

I have had some problems with the clasp on my SS Navy but it was an easy fix and quite rudimentary as I just squeezed it together thus putting more presure on it. So far, problem solved. The rubber clasp is a different animal.

Some of my research here says that the clasp on the rubber strap has issues.

Any of you guys experienced this?

post script My ROO SS Navy is amazing, I love it. It is however off time. 5 to 7 minutes I am hoping it does not get any worse

Edited by goodfella0406

My Volcano comes with a rubber strap, and would actually be happy to have just keep the watch as it is (ie, with the rubber strap) if I wasn't given a GEN hornback strap.

The rubber strap is very well made and comfortable and I had no problems at all with the clasp, it actually fits the GEN hornback perfectly.

Could anyone here tell me from where can once source a gen AP strap...there is no AD in my area for AP...

Been searching the internet trying to source a gen AP strap for the Volcano...so far no luck...on the contrary can anyone advise who has the best AP strap (hornback) for the Volcano..

Been searching the internet trying to source a gen AP strap for the Volcano...so far no luck...on the contrary can anyone advise who has the best AP strap (hornback) for the Volcano..

You can either get one from APbands or from AP directly. I can't tell you the difference in quality as I've never owned an APands strap before, but the GEN AP hornback is more expensive by around USD200.

Here's my Volcano with a GEN AP hornback. I was looking at a Strapluxe before that but too bad they don't offer hornbacks.

AP1.jpg

VolcanoHBstrap4.jpg

You can either get one from APbands or from AP directly. I can't tell you the difference in quality as I've never owned an APands strap before, but the GEN AP hornback is more expensive by around USD200.

Here's my Volcano with a GEN AP hornback. I was looking at a Strapluxe before that but too bad they don't offer hornbacks.

AP1.jpg

VolcanoHBstrap4.jpg

I checked with the AP dealer closest to my place and he doesn't have the volcano or the strap for the volcano..can you suggest anyother place where i might be able to order it...