When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SS Chrono Avenger - White'ish Skyland'ish dial......

hackR

I just received a "fun" chrono avenger that i purchased from watcheden -- "fun" definition: it's not accurate, nice quality, looks good, is less than $100usd delivered to USA, can be worn as a "daily"...

http://www.watcheden.com/breitling-chrono-...tch--20020.html

post-16947-1231259300_thumb.jpg

I don't have the camera skills yet, so i can only include the watcheden stock photo and a link to their page...i searched quite a few places for a decent quality SS chrono avenger (not Ti - remember, it's for "fun")...many had lousy dials, blobby pearls, you name it...i'be done business with watcheden and the experience and service has been good so far...

Here's my quick commentary of this watch...

Credits: I read quite a few posts on chrono avengers...but am including two links below to Pugwash's fantasy SS chrono avenger and Impotr's compare of Ti version 2 and a gen...thanks guys!...I'm including a picture of Pugwash's fantasy from his post...link to post, below...

Pugwash - "Pugwash's Breitling Chrono Avenger, Fantasy Stainless Steel from TWP"

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=30679

post-16947-1231259410_thumb.jpg

Importr - "Chrono Avengers: Face off!, Gen vs. Rep"

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...ng+utc+bracelet

post-16947-1231260406_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231260423_thumb.jpg

This chrono avenger "white sky" is what i call it...this watch has the same case, bezel, bracelet (as near as i can tell)...but there's a difference in the movement, capabilities, date wheel...so please check out Pugwash's beautiful pictures and cross reference with the watcheden stock picture...I also compared the bracelet with the comments from Importr and the gen pictures...the SS bracelet has a professional 2 bracelet with gen-like link spacing and clasp engravings very close to the gen...very close...so thanks to Pug and Imp for there posts...

Case: polished SS, rounded pushers, same size as Skylands, nice caseback with excellent engravings/detail...crown is screw-in...nice large "B" on the crown...

post-16947-1231259326_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231259393_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231259260_thumb.jpg

Bezel: nice...mostly brushed SS with polished rider tabs...has the Avenger family markers, tabs at 15,30,45...nice engravings detail...nice font...pearl is just a tad below quality of current skyland avenger - but very exceptable...there's no scripted "B" on the bezel in any place...

post-16947-1231259282_thumb.jpg

Bracelet: professional bracelet...excellent buckle engavings - near gen quality...outer links are polished and inner link is brushed...this really looks sharp...why?...because the brushed inner link has a goldish tinge of color to it, due to the brushing...so, in some light conditions (especially room and low level) it appears to almost be two-tone...faint two-tone, but noticeable contrast in the links...very nice IMHO...very...

post-16947-1231259344_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231259393_thumb.jpg

Dial: hmmm...it grows on you?!...it's kinda off-white...not cream...but a soft white...you can tell because the hands are white with lume...i guess - as i look down at it now, that it's a soft pearl white - but a flat finish...the dial and subdials are the same color...the subdials have very tight concentric circles...so they stand out a little from the face, but not a big contrast...the dial is skyland-like...the numbers are skyland format...there are lume dots that are flat and not rounded like the current skyland...the numbers, marker dots, 12 o'clock triangle and the hands are lumed...but normal asian lume that fades quickly...but the numbers do look cool in lume...(i am considering a lume job at some point - but then again, who knows...a lume job would add to the "fun" factor)...the subdials are NOT working chronos, though...i knew this when i bought it...the 6 o'clock is a working 24 hour dial...the 9 o'clock is a day or week indicator that changes every 24 hours...the 12 o'clock advances by the pushers and appears to just be a way to manual show the month via numbers 1-12...the chrono doesn't work...which is ok...i don't need it to work...if i need one, i have plenty other watches i can use...especially my Skyland...the subdial hands are black...the hour and minute hands are white with lume...not sure i like the white hands as it almost blends in too much...but then again, from a distance the watch is almost all white in look...the second hand is running -- this i like...many chronos have a second hand that only moves when in chrono mode...the running seconds, adds to this watch...ok, ok...the date wheel/font/etc sucks...it's sunken and has a magnifier effect between the date wheel and the dial...this sunken date wheel takes away from the watch...but then again, you can't have everything in an under $100usd watch...the movement is supposed to be an asian automatic 21j...the breitling logo on the dial is silver and raised...nice...the word "automatic" is written above subdial 6 o'clock in red - it's small, yet clear...but not overpowering on a white dial...

post-16947-1231259300_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231259260_thumb.jpg

Crystal: is not sapphire...stated as mineral...but looks fine...slightly domed - as it should be...no AR that i can see --- BUT, with the white dial, the glare/etc is not bad at all...

All in all, i very nice detailed find...not accurate, but looks good...great price for the quality/detail...

Hope you enjoyed these ramblings...i'm not an expert, so i may be wrong on my comments...pls feel free to question/correct/refine...

I wish i could take some pix...will try when i eventually have time...

R-

post-16947-1231259367_thumb.jpg