When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD bph?

ifly65

28.8kbph

Thanks again Freddy333! I see you are staying away from the V3. Now I want the high beat version...hmm...? All for that blue lume...

Wow freddy...that is one awesome looking gen mov.

I see you are staying away from the V3.

I am staying away from the Deepsea watch (any rep/any version). While I appreciate the technology that went into the gen, I have always considered the watch to be a hideous monstrosity that belongs 20,000 leagues under the sea (pun intended). Initially, I had planned to buy the rep just to say I have 1 & let it gather dust in 1 of my cases. But, unlike the GMTIIC, which grew on me every time a member posted pics of his rep until I HAD to have 1, my limited attraction to the Deepsea waned with each successive viewing. And Lani's picture-rich review pretty much clinched it for me. Too big & too ugly for my taste, so I will be passing on the Deepsea.

This model is a serious tool (think bsd Unix) & fits my style

wristie0101.jpg

This is a caricature of a serious tool (think Vista) & does not

rolex_DSSD_wrist_side1.jpg

I am staying away from the Deepsea watch (any rep/any version). While I appreciate the technology that went into the gen, I have always considered the watch to be a hideous monstrosity that belongs 20,000 leagues under the sea (pun intended). Initially, I had planned to buy the rep just to say I have 1 & let it gather dust in 1 of my cases. But, unlike the GMTIIC, which grew on me every time a member posted pics of his rep until I HAD to have 1, my limited attraction to the Deepsea waned with each successive viewing. And Lani's picture-rich review pretty much clinched it for me. Too big & too ugly for my taste, so I will be passing on the Deepsea.

Im leaning that way also. Yeah its for divers...thats funny stuff. Thanks again, maybe Ill have my Eurotimez TT blue lumed once I get it...wouldnt that be ugly!

I love Rolex divers watches...especially the older ones. As a divers tool? Not really...

I've been wreck diving for over 15 years and believe me, you will N E V E R see a Rolex on a serious diver. First of all, you will never get a Rolex to fit over the cuff of your dry suit and 6mil glove...diver extension and all. Years ago before dive computers Subs and SD (Tudors too) would get attached to a strap conected to your BC. and were used as bottom timers. The only time I ever wore my sub while diving was in the tropics. For the price of a new SD you could buy two VR3's (primary and back-up) and a good digital bottom timer. A diver needs to know depth and time at depth. A Rolex with never give you an an algorythm (spell?) or give you a deco profile.

With all that said there is still nothing cooler than a wearing a Rolex submariner or seadweller on your wrist while loading your gear onto the dive boat but as a dive tool...

in reality no...

I hope I didtn't burst any bubbles B)

I love Rolex divers watches...especially the older ones. As a divers tool? Not really...

No, not at all. My 1665 is a vintage (early 70s) model & my comments were meant in that context (before dive computers & quartz/digital watches were readily available to pro divers). Of course, today, no serious diver would even consider using an expensive piece of jewelry as a tool. And I am sure that Rolex was well aware of that when the Deepsea was designed (to latch onto the then-BIG WATCH fad).