When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VCO "Very Confusing Object"

morris

okay.....after doing a whole lotta reading (which is so enormously time consuming, but interesting)

I, as being a fresh member of RWG, want to ask all of you experienced members if you can kindly answer the following questions about the beautiful yet confusing (V)acheron ©onstatin (O)verseas;

-what is this cross thing everyone seems to talk about, apperently one dealer has the right cross, but the wrong case.....

is it correct that none of the dealers have a "accurate" rep?

- the fact that dealer A sells the piece for $ 275, and dealer B sells for $375 does this mean i have to let the 275 one go?

because the difference of $ 100,00 must mean that B has the better Rep?

-apparently the gen does not have AR; there`s one dealer that sells it with Double AR; anyone on here who can tell me if its a well done job, and if its worth wild buying it?

Because i`d rather buy a good rep without AR then a bad one with D.AR

-is it true that adjusting the bracelet is like trying to strangle your mother in law ?

thank you guys for reading!

hope you can give me some advise to buy it or maybe better not?!

Morris

Not sure who has the best these days, i belive Silix was the best with the right date window but that was over a year ago, i had a good look at ine in brussels last year and it is a very nice watch, a little more dressy than and ingy but you can see similar designs there, as they were designed by the same person gerald Genta

My main concern... you would have to be pretty brave to shell out that much money for a supposed Swiss ETA movement on a close caseback watch, especially now that stock of these is lowering and imitation movements have flooded the industry. You never know what's inside.

I bought a couple a while ago for Franken projects and they did have Swiss inside. Assuming these are no longer made you have a pretty good shot of getting an ETA. And the whole issue was trade-offs between two different versions of dials. One with correct cross but bad date window and the other visa versa. Way back when we were swapping crosses from one dial for another. The other issue was (and I can't remember which was which) but either the black dial or the white one had the wong finish on the hour markers (brushed vs. polished). There were some excellent loops on this so try the search function if you haven't already. :)

hey there guys thx for the info, makes things more clear now :D

and -R: thats a great review on the VCO!

you know, i never thought it would be this hard making my mind up of which piece im gonna buy.....:bangin:

but there has to be a first time for everything, so ill guess ill just go with the "nicest" reply`s on my question`s through e-mail that i sended to our well known dealers here....

'Dear Morris' or 'Hi Friend'.....

doesnt mean anything but just sounds a bit more friendly, so ill let you know what i decided, incl. some pics offcourse!

the VCO review link was a hand-off from another member on RWG --- at a time when i was researching the VCO...

"we're all in this together"...so it was a pleasure to assist...that's what this forum is all about...

good luck and look forward to how you make out...

btw - not sure if it's your style or not...but i bought a VC 1755 Jubilee, SS with black leather strap...this watch is a tremendous buy at less than $100usd -- and it looks amazing...very elegant watch, really reflects the light, and great size...a VCO is still on my list but i am reaching my "quota"...

enjoy...

R-

The problem with the review at repgeek is, that it comes to the wrong conclusion.

I had both + a gen dial from watchco.australia and I can say,

the better version is definitly NOT the Silix VCO, but the Josh/Trusty version.

File datewindow to a trapezoid shape,

get the cross from the Silix Vacs006 VC (an old 37mm version)

and you have the best you will find.

bong

Edited by bong

File datewindow to a trapezoid shape

Has anyone ever actually done this? It sounds good in theory. But most dials are coated with some type of finish. I would think that filing the date window on this watch would risk chipping the finish around the window. (I've done this type of work on a vintage Rolex dial. But with those you can just touch up any damage with a Sharpie, and clear coat the entire dial. The finely finished VCO dial seems like a whole different ballgame.)