When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The CG Felt off my Blacksteel, is it an easy fix?

dvn

Well i found a buyer and buyer paid for the item. As i was doing the last testing (adjust the date and time), pulled out the crown and it felt off.

Is it glued-on? is it an easy fix?

It is a brand new Black Steel for god sake.

blacksteel1.jpg

The spring looks clean, so I'm guessing it wasn't glued on, or the glue would probably have fouled the spring... At a guess, I'd say it's unscrewed, as it's pretty hard to rip a screw clean off as the very least, I would have thought that you would have felt some vibration from the threads 'jumping'... When I had a crown pull out when I went to adjust the time, the entire stem came out, rather than the crown coming off the stem... I'd suggest de-casing it and seeng if you can re-attach the crown. A quick check would be to inspect the inside of the crown, using an LED flashlight to give extra illumination... Best of luck with the re-attachment :):good:

That looks to me like the crown its self has come apart, what you can see it the spring that compresses when you screw the crown in, the one that is internal in the crown, I would see if the dealer this came from would replace or fix this, it may be fixable, if you remove the case back and release the stem, pull it out with tweasers, unscrew it fron the part of the crown that is still attached and then glue the two parts back together, some loctite 406 would do the job but you will have to ensure that NO glue gets inside where that spring is or on that spring other wise you will end up with a solid crown and not a spring loaded one that alows you to push the stem in after setting and then screw down. edited your photo here

post-1258-1231343696_thumb.jpg