When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II C - My thoughts on it

TeeJay

Interesting write-up TJ. I thought the polished mid-links were quite a different departure for Rolex...interesting you didn't like it. I'm curious about this one. I tried on the gen and quite liked it...but when it came down to it...it still seemed like another black diver so I didn't jump for it. I like the gloss of the bezel and the larger proportioning of the numbers though.

Interesting write-up TJ. I thought the polished mid-links were quite a different departure for Rolex...interesting you didn't like it. I'm curious about this one. I tried on the gen and quite liked it...but when it came down to it...it still seemed like another black diver so I didn't jump for it. I like the gloss of the bezel and the larger proportioning of the numbers though.

Thanks :) Maybe "didn't like" was a bit too strong, and doesn't really cover my thoughts completely... I think on another watch, I wouldn't have minded, but for some reason, they just struck me as out of place on that particular watch :) Infact, the bracelet was probably the thing which I disliked the most about it. The case was really nice, and when I looked at the watch with the bracelet covered, I really liked it. I think my thoughts on the mid-links might just be my personal taste... If it was on a regular Oyster bracelet, I probably wouldn't have minded :) I definitely think that I might have some plans for one, but only with extensive modifications ;) I wonder how easy it would be to sand the ROLEXROLEXROLEX off the rehaut... ;)

Thanks :) Maybe "didn't like" was a bit too strong, and doesn't really cover my thoughts completely... I think on another watch, I wouldn't have minded, but for some reason, they just struck me as out of place on that particular watch :) Infact, the bracelet was probably the thing which I disliked the most about it. The case was really nice, and when I looked at the watch with the bracelet covered, I really liked it. I think my thoughts on the mid-links might just be my personal taste... If it was on a regular Oyster bracelet, I probably wouldn't have minded :) I definitely think that I might have some plans for one, but only with extensive modifications ;) I wonder how easy it would be to sand the ROLEXROLEXROLEX off the rehaut... ;)

I'll post a gen / rep review today.

might help your mods.

done :-)

make some pics of the mods, regarding the engravings, a light brush would do the trick I'd guess

Thanks again for posting the comparison :) I'll be sure to post plenty of pics of the project, but with the financial commitments I have for the next six months (not only m own weddng next month, but also a trip to Tokyo in may, to combine my wife's birthday and my best friend's wedding) the project likely won't get started till after then...