When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona question

hogan1

Hi, I'm completely new to this - so I apologize for any stupid questions asked...

I'm looking for a Daytona but heard and read there are issues with them. I'm comparing the below links: http://www.jpc8118.com/rlds10005-white-dia...del-p-2990.html - and the other here: http://houseofsouvenirs.com/rolex/rolexdaytonaswiss_001.htm

I wonder - is any of the above better than the other - and if so, how?

I'd really appreciate any comments.

thanks in advance

hit the search button, check the offerings of our collectors, check the reviews of our collectors, decide what you want, buy one.. or just be really smart.. donate and keep an eye on the sales section. And get one from one of the members here..

Thanks - I've done a lot of searching - but when you're new, you don't really know what to look for. In this case I was trying to learn something as I can't find what I'm looking for and I just don't understand the differencies between the two.

Guest HaloArchive

Dont go through that House of whatever-iners. Only go through trusted dealers such as those on this forum. Anyways, the differences are that with PC, you know what you're getting and, hes a trusted seller.

H

Dont go through that House of whatever-iners. Only go through trusted dealers such as those on this forum. Anyways, the differences are that with PC, you know what you're getting and, hes a trusted seller.

H

Thanks for input. I'm going to be careful when I purchase my first rep, that's for sure. There are two "advantages" with the houseofsouvenirs in my book.

1) Paypal.

2) I have a friend who has bought from him several times and is pleased with his purchases.

But the questions was - the difference between the watches.

Perfect clones say "29J version", the other one says nothing about that. Is that an important feature - and will it make the running seconds @6 work better - or has it got nothing to do with that? What does that do for a watch?

The reason for asking is that I've heard there are problems with the seconds @6 and if there is anything out there which will make it better? Should one rather stay away from the Daytonas perhaps?

Read Ziggyzumba's reviews of the secs at 6 7750 movement, which is used in the modern Daytona reps. You may need to upgrade your membership to gain access to Ziggy's section (click the small blue 'upgrade' button at the top right corner of the page or contact 1 of the Mods/Admins for details). There are also scores of threads detailing the positives & negatives of modern Daytona reps that you can find (without upgrading) via the Search. But like the previous posters said, best to buy from the Collectors listed in the Collectors sections to reduce the risk of problems.

I finally decided on an Explorer II black instead - ordered today from Eurotimez. I sure hope it's going to look as good as the pictures show.. :)

But if the ever solve the seconds@6 thing, I'll hit the "buy now" button in a heartbeat. :)

If you service and treat it right the Daytona can be a good watch.

I'm sure that's correct but why take the risk with my first ever rep? I want to be happy with my first purchase and after what I've read so far, there are these "problems" with the Daytona. I do want one - but it'll have to wait a while. I'm sure the very crafty (so it seems) manufacturers will eventually come up with a solution to the present problem - or I will simply have to buy a gen (when I win the lottery) :)

You're correct. My experience is that for some reason it doesn't register with people that watches are mechanical devices. Rep or not they need to be handled the same way as a ny gen but aren't. They treat them in a way that no one would treat the gen. At least not the ones who have respect for things. This is especially true for noobs who among other things often don't need a chrono watch or understand how they work. Do a search for 'what does this button do'. So I rarely recommend anyone buy a Daytona for their first rep.