When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Jacksonville, FL

I happened upon this forum while researching a watch manufacturer "None of the Above" or N.O.A. Surprisingly, I have found no RWG posts on N.O.A watches. Maybe it's because I must post an introductory thread in order to search the forums?

Anyway, like many who consider replica watches over the genuine article, I struggle with the vanity and irony of it all. Oh, I like watches, and I like to draw attention to myself. I won't wear a "traditional" watch design because, well, it's not me. However, what does it say about me that I would wear a fake to convince others I'm a "player"?

That's why I'm intrigued by the N.O.A line. They're different, and they're relatively inexpensive when compared to heavyweights like Panerai, Hublot, etc. They might offer a good investment opportunity, but at the end of the day, I'm a neophyte collector.

I'm curious. Do replica collectors tell people who ask that their watch is a replica, or are they content to lie in an effort to create a false impression? Isn't a fake watch sort of like fake [censored]? Then again, isn't a genuine watch sort of like fake [censored]? They're all an artificial enhancement of one's looks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT above buying a replica. Too many way cool watches are above my pay grade. I'm just wondering the philosophy among those that buy and wear replicas. Probably, the best and most honest response would be, "This is the best [insert name] replica in the world, and it's a lot harder to find than the real thing. Anybody with a trunk full of cash can buy from an authorized dealer. This watch is the culmination of hours of research and sophisticated forgery." BTW, feel free to use that.

Thanks for the anticipated expert advice.

This guy has made two posts, both link to that cheap site.

I'm not a spammer. I practice law in Jacksonville, Florida. I first saw N.O.A at Breckenridge Jewelers while on a snowboarding trip last week. The N.O.A display case was right next to the Panerai display case.

I'm torn between buying a high end replica (which is something I've only recently considered) or a genuine N.O.A.

I'm not sure why the site is a "cheap site," and it may very well be. That's why I joined this forum.

Thanks.

I'm not a spammer. I practice law in Jacksonville, Florida. I first saw N.O.A at Breckenridge Jewelers while on a snowboarding trip last week. The N.O.A display case was right next to the Panerai display case.

I'm torn between buying a high end replica (which is something I've only recently considered) or a genuine N.O.A.

I'm not sure why the site is a "cheap site," and it may very well be. That's why I joined this forum.

Thanks.

Sorry but we see a lot of posts similar to yours trying to drive up traffic to a site. The generic looking flash site is what I was calling cheap.

Most reps are so damn good no one is ever going to be tell. and as my sig says no one really cares. In 20 years no one has ever asked about a watch I was wearing. So why do people worry about a serial number in the INSIDE of a lug? Simple.Because their intention is to try and fool somebody, somewhere somehow.Sometimes for insideous reasons, sometimes because they are posers. They're the ones you see standing next to someone checking the time when there's a clock on the wall.

Ultimately It's rarely because they just love he look of watch X. If so they'd buy an Invicta rather than deal with the issues associated with Chinese reps.

Of course few will ever have the balls to admit is this.

An honest answer!

To me, life is about getting the biggest bang for my buck. It's my hobby. Whether it's watches, jeans or cars. I analyze, compare and make the call. I take weeks to make decision to purchase just about anything because that's the fun of it.

Buying a "fake" wasn't of interest to me until I understood that the spectrum is so wide. It actually makes replicas more interesting that the real ones.

I would never be embarrassed to admit that my watch is a replica because there's a story behind it. By the time I'm done with explaining the skill it takes (which I don't have yet) to identify an ultimate rep, my listener would understand that any wristwatch aficionado appreciates a good fake.

My humble mother-in-law is a self taught chef living in Manhattan. She can recreate ANY dish in any restaurant in the city by reverse engineering it. Then she improves it. She is also paralyzed on the left side of her body from a stroke 8 years ago. Master Chefs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Daniel Boulud both appreciate her ability to mimic their signature cuisine and take no offense when she suggests a modification. As a foodie, nobody impresses me like she does.

I would think that engineers working for Rolex, Hublot and Panerai are secretly impressed by anyone who reverse engineers their timepieces. There may even be one or two of them on this forum. They certainly buy and dissect replicas to stay one step ahead.